karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
I took the Whaler out with Mr BIG Fishes.
Launched from Dana at 5:15. beat the cattle boats to the receiver!.
Picked up a 1/2 scoop of crappy looking bait. U get 4 tiny passes using tiny nets.
It was form locker 8. I guess that's where thy keep the crappy stuff. We ran out side for a while and started looking.
We headed kind of toward the 267. Once the water temp came up to 74 we got more serious about it.
We found some bait on the surface. we trolled some deans for a bit. We had a hard time catching up with the bait at 2 knts. Nothing! We were leaving and guess who jumped out of the water. It was Mr Dodo. Timing is everything boyz! Back out with the deans and in less than 5 min I'm on. These 10 pounders a r tough cookies on 20/20.
After that we lost the bait. Headed and found a patty with two boats on it. Thing were not jumping so we left after a bit. We ran into a patty with one boat on it. We joined in for a while and went 0 for two.I lost one in the kelp when the boat didn't start when I needed to. After a while we headed further out toward the 267. We found more patties with boats and the solo guy in the tiny cat he had passed us on the 5 doing about 70 about 4:50AM. He said there had been hundreds of fish. It was all over when we were there. The temp was about 73.5 We headed out into cooler water for a bit. It seems that outside of about 6 miles the water temp drops. We turned an burned for warmer waters. We found a nice kelp in 74F water and there here! Great we troll by and go back and drift and drift. Mr BF farms one. I was trying them on 25, but they were not feeling it. I Had to go striper fishing on them. I chunked up the dead hooked up the 20/20 string. The next pass was chum chum chunk chum chum. Yep No 2 was in the sack. That was the end of our story. We did not get anymore to go. Headed for the barn around 2 pm. Don't drive too far Boyz.

PS if u see someone working a patty don't be the A-hole who jumps the water to shoot the dam fish and f it up for everyone else. If u r going to shoot, find your own dam patty.

10LB dodos_resized.jpg

Last edited:

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
PS if u see someone working a patty don't be the A-hole who jumps the water to shoot the dam fish and f it up for everyone else. If u r going to shoot, find your own dam patty.
Amen. Make some popcorn.

Reactions: Zika

luckyfisher7

Jun 20, 2007
Dudeport Beach
Name
Chris
Boat
18 whaler "Nishimaru"
I took the Whaler out with Mr BIG Fishes.
Launched from Dana at 5:15. beat the cattle boats to the receiver!.
Picked up a 1/2 scoop of crappy looking bait. U get 4 tiny passes using tiny nets.
It was form locker 8. I guess that's where thy keep the crappy stuff. We ran out side for a while and started looking.
We headed kind of toward the 267. Once the water temp came up to 74 we got more serious about it.
We found some bait on the surface. we trolled some deans for a bit. We had a hard time catching up with the bait at 2 knts. Nothing! We were leaving and guess who jumped out of the water. It was Mr Dodo. Timing is everything boyz! Back out with the deans and in less than 5 min I'm on. These 10 pounders a r tough cookies on 20/20.
After that we lost the bait. Headed and found a patty with two boats on it. Thing were not jumping so we left after a bit. We ran into a patty with one boat on it. We joined in for a while and went 0 for two.I lost one in the kelp when the boat didn't start when I needed to. After a while we headed further out toward the 267. We found more patties with boats and the solo guy in the tiny cat he had passed us on the 5 doing about 70 about 4:50AM. He said there had been hundreds of fish. It was all over when we were there. The temp was about 73.5 We headed out into cooler water for a bit. It seems that outside of about 6 miles the water temp drops. We turned an burned for warmer waters. We found a nice kelp in 74F water and there here! Great we troll by and go back and drift and drift. Mr BF farms one. I was trying them on 25, but they were not feeling it. I Had to go striper fishing on them. I chunked up the dead hooked up the 20/20 string. The next pass was chum chum chunk chum chum. Yep No 2 was in the sack. That was the end of our story. We did not get anymore to go. Headed for the barn around 2 pm. Don't drive too far Boyz.

If you see someone fishing a paddy don't be the A-hole who poaches them. Let them be.

Mnunez42

Mar 26, 2017
Claremont
Name
Michael Nuñez
Boat
170 Montauk
Nice dodos! It's all about the consistent grind and hardwork that puts you on fish!

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
Fellow BD fish reports and TempBreak!
Thanks guys!

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
Yea, but there is a lot more boats than patties out there.
You have to share the love boyz.

Reactions: cota47