Bubba

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 6, 2004
Pismo Beach
Name
Bubba
Boat
18' Trophy
Yup that's me paddy poacher, with hundreds of boats out there and very few paddy's all the paddy's had at least 5 boats on it all you guys on HERE and the RADIO are a bunch of cry baby's. when your on the water you almost need to turn off the radio cuz all you guys do is cry. its the fucking open ocean end of story.

And you are exactly what's wrong with fishing today. Complete lack of respect.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
It seems every trip I accidentally drift right into the paddy,especially if Im hooked up and no ones at the helm.
This is the very reason I hate fishing with others on a paddy.I don't want anyone to know how much of a kook I really am LOL.Kook happens,get over it.

Reactions: jumpin jack flash
Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
c-goat said:
It seems every trip I accidentally drift right into the paddy,especially if Im hooked up and no ones at the helm.
This is the very reason I hate fishing with others on a paddy.I don't want anyone to know how much of a kook I really am LOL.Kook happens,get over it.

Are you running an outboard? I use mine to direct my drift direction.

Reactions: Knock'nEmDead
Upvote 0

zeegzagz

Captain Zagz
Oct 3, 2006
Sherman Heights, San Diego, Ca.
Name
Paul
Boat
21' Trophy C.C. "ZeegZagZ"
Hung up in the kelp?! Pathetic, Lame, Dumbshit! Sounds like you freakin' ran it over! Well, they say you don't need a Brain to own a big boat, just a little money. High Spirit, if you want salad with dinner try the local farmers market !!

Reactions: Johnlgarrison
Upvote 0

Fish Lounge

Almost A Member
Sep 15, 2003
San Diego
Name
Bo
Boat
23' Sea Fox WA Fish Lounge
Hung up in the kelp?! Pathetic, Lame, Dumbshit! Sounds like you freakin' ran it over! Well, they say you don't need a Brain to own a big boat, just a little money. High Spirit, if you want salad with dinner try the local farmers market !!
It was literally over the rail. I thought he was going to steal the paddy and take off.

Funny thing is, early in the day, I had a small YT (2nd hook up of the day) get wrapped up in the lettuce that we got all most of our fish from. The difference was, I didn't rip the paddy apart trying to save the small YT and my new iron. I said screw it and we proceeded to catch 8 tuna, a dodo and a shit more YT off that paddy.

Reactions: Johnlgarrison
Upvote 0

Timmo

Feb 18, 2013
Westminster
Name
Victor
Boat
None
Got a question. What channel is normally used to communicate? And yes, one should try to find one's own paddy, but just that sometimes it's tough after many hours. Thanks.

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Got a question. What channel is normally used to communicate? And yes, one should try to find one's own paddy, but just that sometimes it's tough after many hours. Thanks.
72 is the channel, although you may here the occasional, questionable chatter.

If someone is on a paddy, there's a very good chance they are willing to let you slide in if you do it the right way. From a distance, and some sort of courtesy wave. Understand the approach and you'll be catching fish with good people.

Upvote 0

Danthefishman

Oct 30, 2006
La Mesa
Name
Dan
Boat
Aquasport 215DC
Agreed, but I have never slid into a paddy without asking. Believe it or not, I have never been told no after asking either. Even if you are invited to fish it, etiquette should be that the guy who found it can and should be closest (if he chooses) if he drifts into it and kills the bite, god forbid, at least he was the first guy there. We are all lucky he found it in the first place. "High spirits" is a clown.

Upvote 0

spize909

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 14, 2004
i.e.
Visit site
Name
jeff
Boat
no
It's been a while since of been in the situation, but it sure seemed like there was less than a 50/50 chance of radio reply whenever we'd do it. No reply would usually equal a very wide slow troll and than finding the other paddy a couple hundred yards off :D

Upvote 0

Latest posts