anykine77

Almost A Member
Dec 7, 2005
Waianae Hawaii
Name
Ron
Boat
28' Custom-Anykine
Headed out yesterday to try our luck again. Went out of Waianae toward the 1000 behind R and then ran up to CO and crossed over to Haleiwa side of the point. The water was a little spicy and at the 1000 on the Haleiwa side turned left and headed out. Not a lot of bird piles around. Scattered birds seemed to be headed back to the dogmouth area. At about 30 miles headed back towards Waianae. I'm searching for birds with the Stabilized Binos and see a boat stopped. As we get closer we see a lot of birds working. Alright finally. Almost to the birds and our long rigger pops. A slight run and then stops. Thinking this might be an Ono or Otaru slow down, keep the boat in gear and start cranking. We didn't even clear the other lines. As I'm cranking I fell the head shake and the tip of the rod tapping.
I'm trying to figure it out what is it. As is gets closer I see that it's the target species. Wow. Comes up next boat, no trouble with leadering and sink the gaff.
Get it on board and know why it came straight in. 1 hook was in the gills and 1 hook in the mouth. Got an Ono and then couple Aku on the inside.
Good day overall.

Ron

IMG_1474.JPG

anykine77

Almost A Member
Dec 7, 2005
Waianae Hawaii
Name
Ron
Boat
28' Custom-Anykine
Thanks guys,
We've been pretty lucky.
Sashimi, Collars, Belly, Poke, Baked, Blackened, Fried. We eat good.

Gotta get out to catch.
Try again this week.

Ron

Upvote 0

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Ron and crew,
Good goin' on the variety and the interesting fight details. Kai'Nana had a marlin inhale a flat line chrome jet, the second time to leader it had bled out. Caught 1 ahi that was hooked in the gill and fought normal, caught one that must had been hooked in the gill and pulled out, but the other hook stayed buried, it came up mostly dead and without blood.

again good goin'!!!

Cheers
Pat

Upvote 0

anykine77

Almost A Member
Dec 7, 2005
Waianae Hawaii
Name
Ron
Boat
28' Custom-Anykine
Ron and crew,
Good goin' on the variety and the interesting fight details. Kai'Nana had a marlin inhale a flat line chrome jet, the second time to leader it had bled out. Caught 1 ahi that was hooked in the gill and fought normal, caught one that must had been hooked in the gill and pulled out, but the other hook stayed buried, it came up mostly dead and without blood.

again good goin'!!!

Cheers
Pat
Thanks Pat,
Both times I had Ahi hooked in the gills they came in pretty easy.
See you out there.
Ron

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS