Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
How are you people not exhausted yet?

Absolutely blows my mind to watch guys with so much in common fight about shit they can't control with no possible "winning" outcome.

You have to have something better to do than sit on a FISHING forum and argue about political shit that you can't affect or change.

Everyone is scared, tired and beat down. Staying positive and being cool is a much more productive attitude.

Lay low, stay calm and stay healthy.

swami 805

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Look on the bright side, it's generating more traffic on your site,that's positive.
Also venting on here is better than beating the dog or something so it's not a totally pointless

Reactions: rexor_rn

Thomas Lim

Aug 31, 2018
Los angeles
Name
Thomas
Boat
I wish
Yea ok.Another rant that sounds like every other rant from those that can't stand the guy this country elected.Who would have thunk a different President would mean none of this happens ?
Is your iq really that low? It’s not about none of this happening. It’s about how you handle it when it DOES happen you bird brain

Reactions: Juanba and rexor_rn

Thomas Lim

Aug 31, 2018
Los angeles
Name
Thomas
Boat
I wish
We're all going to die.It's because Trump is our President.If we would have elected Clinton none of this would have happened.How's that for those of you that think this is a political issue caused by politics ? Some of the irrational shit i've read here just boggles my mind.Remove Trump and the problem goes away right ? Fucking morons.We got him because that party some of you support had nobody worth a shit.Now who's fault is that ? Get ready for more of what you have now,our Presidents approval ratings are up according to CNN.
this dude is so blind I actually feel sorry for him...

onehottip

May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
aren’t you dissin the bird?

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
Jul 28, 2012
Fullerton
Name
Wally
Boat
16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
COVID-19 UPDATE
The BD Outdoors swag warehouse is located in Southern California. Due to the recent Stay-at-home order given by Gov. Gavin Newsom, our employees will not be available to fulfill or ship any orders after 3/20/2020, until the Governors order is lifted. Thank you for your understanding

I have PPE.
Can I swing by for a bumper sticker?

1585882750060.png

Ready to purchase swag to support all the free fun you deliver.

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
Except for the 68 page pandemic response report Obama left Trump.

Except for the Pandemic response team Obama left Trump.

Except for the meeting where Obama's staff walked through Trump's staff on a pandemic response. Not surprisingly, the majority of Trumpers in that meeting no longer work at the WH.

Seriously, on what page of 'pandemic response' is 'order the entire Navy to sail?' Maybe page 2? Page 5 at the latest. This shit is tearing through the military right now
To be fair the previous 2 administrations had reports warning them that a pandemic would be coming and did little to truly prepare for it. Both did away with the world health office and brought it back when we hit bumps in the road like the anthrax scare.

They were lucky - the current administration not so much.

Reactions: pacificscout

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
This is laughable. Remember the day Trump was elected Hillary called for "resistance" as did so many "leaders" within the Democrat party crying for impeachment on day one and it continues today. Then summarily brought up pointless investigation after investigation for the past 3.5 years trying to derail his agenda/him within the courts… and all for naught, nada, nothing.

The Democrat party continues to resist and Trump continues to WIN. Why? Because he enforces the rule of law and that's what stands, to date. Democrat's want open borders, then change the law, they don't want to incarcerate aliens, then change the law. You don't like the electoral college, then change the law. They can since they control the House, they write the laws. Trump doesn't.

How do you "Bring the counrtry together" when the opposition literally spends their entire waking moment trying to tear it apart? i.e "resistance" The Democrat's leadership hand wringing about "Bringing the country together" is about as hypocritical as you can get! Alternatively you can elect a President in 8 mos. which I believe will be tough sledding with Joe as the party's candidate.
The dems obviously "resist" Trump but here is the thing. The republicans did the exact same thing under the last administration. Voting 60 some times in the house to overturn the ACA when you know you aren't even close on needed votes? When they get a majority in 2016 what do they do about it?? F'in nothing. They had years to come up with something but didn't.

I didn't vote for either of the last 2 presidents as the dysfunction started before that. McConnel and Pelosi are the dry rot of our democracy but we are more polarized than ever while they run up the deficit. That won't change until we can disagree without the hate.

Divide and conquer....

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
Look on the bright side, it's generating more traffic on your site,that's positive.
Also venting on here is better than beating the dog or something so it's not a totally pointless
I have been taking the baseball bat to the trash can. I do it in the garage so the neighbors don't see me

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
To be fair the previous 2 administrations had reports warning them that a pandemic would be coming and did little to truly prepare for it. Both did away with the world health office and brought it back when we hit bumps in the road like the anthrax scare.

just shows you has fucked up all our past Presidents have been

DAS

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 23, 2017
San Diego
Name
DAS
Boat
El Segador
The dems obviously "resist" Trump but here is the thing. The republicans did the exact same thing under the last administration. Voting 60 some times in the house to overturn the ACA when you know you aren't even close on needed votes? When they get a majority in 2016 what do they do about it?? F'in nothing. They had years to come up with something but didn't.

I didn't vote for either of the last 2 presidents as the dysfunction started before that. McConnel and Pelosi are the dry rot of our democracy but we are more polarized than ever while they run up the deficit. That won't change until we can disagree without the hate.

Divide and conquer....
You are correct sir.

For literally decades it really didn't matter who held a particular office. Year end and year out politics just seemed like business as usual IMO. Politicians would come and go, some would stay longer but were pretty much under the radar. They would work through the process passing there laws and feathering their nests. The Obama presidency was a little different in that, rather than work through the system he was a big executive order guy. This was great for him because he could implement his agenda ("elections have consequences") with very little blowback as any dissension would be, you guessed it "RACIST". This was a huge departure from business as usual politics.

Enter a whole new cadre of politicians on the left who've embraced this philosophy. Many are outspoken and aggressive in there quest to blow up the system as we know it. Maybe it's time. I do know this. Republican politicians have been stuck in the past are pussies compared with there Democrat counterparts in working the political system.

Last edited:

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none

That just goes to show you that every President we have had in the last 60 years was just a piece of shit

DAS

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 23, 2017
San Diego
Name
DAS
Boat
El Segador
I've always thought of Presidents as figureheads, maintaining the status quo with the exception of Obama who broke hard towards Globalism. Interesting that his views are considered moderate now and he would probably not even get a sniff he were run for the presidency as a newbie

Highwayman

Jun 25, 2015
Name
Sammy
Boat
None
I googled where did the 2009 H1N1 come from. NPR said it started in Mexico and then came to the US.

Ugh it's stupid for a multitude of reasons, including yours. According to our own CDC :

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.** Globally, 80 percent of (H1N1)pdm09 virus-related deaths were estimated to have occurred in people younger than 65 years of age.

Did the world proclaim it the USA virus? Of course not because we all need to fight stuff like this together. "China virus" is a stupid term to scapegoat a people or country, that was created by assholes that want to dodge accountability.

Band together, be cautious, but don't panic (who needs that much TP?) and we'll be stronger on the other side.
I didn’t Google who was president and what actions he took to halt the pandemic. To your point if a nation of origin was the identifier it would be the Mexican Flu?

Attachments

Last edited:

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
Jan 31, 2004
San Diego
Name
Dan
Boat
1997 Trophy 2352
this flu IS the wuhan flu or china flu if you prefer

Highwayman

Jun 25, 2015
Name
Sammy
Boat
None
I am putting together my Sato line winder. Just got the drill delivered. I’m going to reconfigure some gear based on lessons learned that I have been putting off. Filling the gaps. I may strip some and sell them. I was going through my jigs, lures and crap in general I have in containers. Forgot I had some of it. It’s definitely a good time to organize and thin the herd for next season. I went to Turners by me before all the shut downs to by some line. There were so many people buying guns and ammo I just left. The line to the register was about 45 minutes. I hope you are all well and we make it through together.

Reactions: littlefishess