Strongly considering a Suzuki over Yamaha repower . . .

uglyducky

I heard there was gonna be cake?
Dec 5, 2017
Los Angeles
Name
Jesse Collin
Boat
Boston Whaler Challenger 27'
I bet it’s outboard specialties in pompano. Suzuki’s are awesome. Great engines. Enjoy. By the way, I just purchase two scratch and dent 150’s from inflatable specialties in Ventura. It worked out pretty well. I just picked them up and installed myself. Good deals up there and near Florida prices.
they were great guys in my dealing with them I have nothing but respect. i just can't see a $16k higher value on yams to be honest. that's a MASSIVE spread.

Reactions: Pacific Jigger

efx

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 21, 2017
Los Angeles
Name
Rich
Boat
28 Grady White - Miz Marengo
I 100% agree with you. 16 k is a lot. About four years ago I purchased 250 tohatsus for a great price down in Costa Mesa. I couldn’t believe how much they were compared to Yamaha. 16k difference sounds about right. Big engines are big money.

radman

Jun 10, 2006
escondido
Name
Darrin
Boat
Stringari
I had one of the 1st DF70`s,and put over 5,000 hours on it over 15 years,and zero issues at all,put a brand new df140 on the Stringari in 2015,have a hair over 1,000 hours on it and zero issues at all.I had not done the water pump until last year,and it was still perfect,I change the oil regularly,and have also done the drive oil 2 times,but zero issues at all.At 1 point the df70 was giving me a little bit of hard starting,and the engine light would flash,so it was as simple as reading the flashes,and it had an Idle air control valve just like a car would have,and I tapped on it and it started idling fine,so I just took it off and cleaned it before the next trip,and it was good.I Highly reccomend Suzuki`s.I have had a few friends who have had Yamaha`s go bad right after warranty,so they are no slam dunk either.With Suzuki`s,most places want you to pay them to mount them,and you have a hard time selling you the motor in a box,but if you look hard enough,you can find them.I got my Df140 with all the cables and controls for about 11k out the door.I found places in Florida who were about 1k cheaper,but would not ship it.Good luck!

efx

Nov 21, 2017
Los Angeles
Name
Rich
Boat
28 Grady White - Miz Marengo
How do you like the motor so far? Service level from Amber Marine?
They are 100% Honda’s so I had no problem with them. Never once took them to Amber so I don’t know about service. I just sold the boat so there is a lucky owner out there. Overall they are heavy but I put them on a boat with a 10 6 beam so it was no problem. I recommend them. You get cables, key switch and a throttle. That’s saves a lot.

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
FYI for people in the San Diego area.... Sunset Marine is now a Suzuki dealer and service center since Evinrude has shut down production

Reactions: uglyducky