Striper Slider!

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic Reports and Discussion' started by jetskibrian, Feb 7, 2013.

1. jetskibrian

jetskibrian Newbie

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    25' Grady White
    It is Thursday night and the ladies are over again. Not to let them down, I of course had to cook up something special. Here was tonight's thawed out catch of the day.

I am still doing pretty good on Striped Bass Supply, here are a couple that I caught on my jet ski last month.

[​IMG]

Here are a couple of the ingredients for how I made Striper Cakes.

[​IMG]

I seasoned the 2 lbs of fish with some Cajun Seasoning and sauteed some red onion in butter. Then I broke up all of the fish and put it in a bowl.

[​IMG]

I then added two scrambled eggs three heaping tablespoons of mayo, some garlic powder, parsley flakes, the onion and 1/3 cup of bread crumbs. After that I mixed it all by hand thoroughly, then made hand full size cakes that I dipped in Panko breading.

[​IMG]

Put a good coating of butter in the the skillet and then cook them up on med /high flipping after about three minutes. Cooked for about a total of 8 minutes.

[​IMG]

I then put it all on a platter with tarter sauce, bread and cole slaw. It was a big hit and tasted great.

[​IMG]

I saved some for me! MY STRIPER SLIDER!

[​IMG]

2. simmo13

simmo13 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Simmo
    Boat:
    2007 17' Baja bayrunner
    Whoa now I'm really hungry. Great work.

3. Northeastfshman

Northeastfshman Moderator

Name:
    Brett Weinberg
    Boat:
    Parker 2120SCDV
    Those are some great looking fish cakes. After cod trips we used to make them very similar, (we'd poach the cod vs. baking it) but rather that cooking everything we'd take a bunch and freeze them.

Then you can just pop em out and fry em up whenever you want

4. brantc

brantc Ranchero

Name:
    Brant
    Boat:
    whichever one will have me
    That looks delicious.

5. gved823

gved823 Member

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    Sold
    My wife just cooked me an awesome meal, but I would still eat one or two of those cakes. Very inspiring Brian