Stretchable Fluorocarbon over Monofilament Leaders?

Scuba Chris

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 17, 2016
Kapolei, HI
Name
Christopher Takahashi
Boat
Christina Ann
My Review of Soft Steel's Fluoro-Stretch Leader Line!

Fluoro-Stretch is a stretchable fluorocarbon leader produced by Okuma's Soft Steel. It is a true fluorocarbon leader line that can stretch like monofilament. It was perfected by tuna jiggers off California targeting Yellowfin & Bluefin. It has since gone through some modifications by the manufacturer in Japan. Independent testers like BDOutdoors have tested the knot strength and found that the 40lb fluorocarbon won't break when subjected to 57lbs of force (look up "Stretchable FLUOROCARBON by Soft Steel USA-OKUMA" on YouTube).

This line is a game changer. For anglers using braid backing this new product has opened new windows.

1-Pic.jpg

Reactions: FishRock

Paul merwin

Jun 23, 2018
Monrovia
Name
Paul merwin
Boat
N/A
Tested the soft steel fluoro stretch At Catalina throwing jigs at calicos using 6'-8' of 20# and a 2.5 on the Tribute last month using same length 40# throwing a Nomad Riptide 105 sliding on schools of YFT. I got hit pretty good by a 30-35 lbr and I did feel a difference in the stretch. I typically use blue label and it was a little more supple, less shock/ smack of the tight line. I also think my SD Jam cinched a little tighter. Ill keep testing it out this season. Need to get some 80 and 100# for the BFT we've been seeing lately!

FC35C724-7630-4574-88E5-67A3B7831A53.png

NoLDR

OG BD member
Mar 26, 2003
Sherman Oaks
Name
BRAD
Boat
29 Baha Cruiser NoLDR
Interesting.... will give it a test at Cat this week for the yellows.

Paul merwin

Jun 23, 2018
Monrovia
Name
Paul merwin
Boat
N/A
Im no expert by any means and always learning, just sharing my experience and hoping to hear more reviews on this fluoro. I swear it tied better though, RP to 80# powerpro and 65# Izor braid and SD jam to the jigs.

MikeC.

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 22, 2019
Torrance, Ca
Name
Mike
Boat
none
I have used it several sizes, works great, if tou liked BW, this will a great replacement