WASSUP!
Jan 2, 2006
Salt Lake City
utahflygoddess.blogspot.com
Name
Joni
Boat
Outlaw X5 & Renegade& Assault
What a Day. It was a little slow in the Soldier Creek area and wind picked up pretty good around 11:00 a.m.
We were in on the water by 8:00 a.m. so I headed straight out and then turned right towards the docked boats. Had a nice fish right out of the gate.
Like I said it was a bit slow, but the FAST sink line, a 6wt rod and the Crayfish pattern did it's thing. My old man had a 29", but he couldn't get his camera and wrestle the fish, and about all I could offer was a BAD BEND IN HIS ROD.
I caught a few in the 18" to 22", but no Bows and one DINK chub. All in all a good day.

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
Nice feesh. Kudos for getting out again. You really should ge out more often.

flygoddess

WASSUP!
Jan 2, 2006
Salt Lake City
utahflygoddess.blogspot.com
Name
Joni
Boat
Outlaw X5 & Renegade& Assault
Nice fish, Joni. Looks like a great day on the water!
Thanks Steve. I really feel a few more years and Strawberry will be on the list with Henry's. The new Regs have helped immensly and the fish are getting bigger and bigger. I will say they seem to me, to put up a much better fight than any other I have fought.

mojo

The real Me
May 21, 2006
Zions
Name
Alan
Boat
Scadden
How is the rainbow fishing? Are rainbows incidental catches and the cutthroats predominate or is the rainbow fishery healthy?
Rainbows? Haven't caught a 'bow there in a long time. Problem is, the cutts at the berry are Bear Lake variety. They reach sexual maturity when the hit 15". They also become meat eaters. The past years the DWR has planted sterile 'bows so they don't cross breed with the cutts. Seems the cutts like to eat rainbows since they put a major dent in the chub population. The gill surveys have shown the cutts will eat bows up to 8".There are no more red sided shiners there, and the sculpins are all but gone because of the cutts. But that's still good. Now they normally planted say- 20,000 4"-6" (not the correct figure BTW) Bows. Because the cutts have been feasting on them the catching is almost non-existant. This year they decided to plant larger bows. Same poundage but less fish. Maybe in a few years the rainbow's will start to show up again.