Straight to the points

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Here is a Raider I made with a ringed owner treble. Idea is the over size treble is for fishing wahoo on the anchor with big tunas around. The larger treble can hold heavy meat with a chance at the treble choking a large tuna fish out that bit wahoo gear. What if your only big tuna of the trip bites your wahoo gear LOL I use a smaller owner treble while specifically targeting wahoo durring troll stops.

One trip. The boat had 52 Wahoo total. Around 40 mixed bait and casting jig fish. The owner treble stuck 12 wahoo for me. So the treble results were just fine by me for skinfish.

Some rig the yummy flyer with a, stinger trap treble hook in the rear. Big bft have been choked out from the treble. Possible blood smoke trail coming from the fishes gills.

I realize that 300lb bft are burly animals with a big jaw and mouth. But if a yummy can be rigged with a, stinger trap treble hook for cow bft. (Btw: I would rig a yummy with one 7691 hook clean as its a better fit but the trebles are strong enough)

Well why not rig a flat fall like this, would be a good fit? The treble can not spin and is semi fixed. The odds are high its going to pin the fish even on the exhale. Pay attention for the bite. Jig fishing is not mindless fishing

This raider has a treble one size larger then I would use while trolling around for wahoo. This jig was made for wahoo mixed with big tuna
20180808_153818~3.jpg

Anyways I don't see any need for anything more then one big single tuna hook or 2 single stinger hooks tandem at the bottom

Or a big owner treble?

Upvote 0

CaptJgray

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
I like it...

I like when they are hooked in the small intestine, they come in like kittens. smoke trails are awesome right up until that toothy bastard gets a radar lock...

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
On the fast grind the jig performs the same. On the sink for a non flutter jig the design change doesn't matter much. Similar weight as original

The time frame window is Sept 10th-Nov10th. Or April 10th-May.

Life keeps getting in the way. But I'm really really hoping maybe the 8 day supreme trips or 16 day May. There is a price to pay to live in paradise. Heck saving my dogs life from the tropics just cost $2g from a mosquito. Cane Corso Italian mastiff age ten my best bud. Challenging in a 3rd world country living in a city with a resident population of about 100 people dirt roads. Trying to keep everything nice. Haha loving it

The door is always open here. Golden for bros visiting. Wish more would visit :)

Upvote 0