Storing boat on home driveway in San Diego....why not in front of house?

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
C, poor K ?

It's ...Porky
231609_Upside-Down-Question-Mark_620.jpg

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Well, since the OP, and all of the discussion following it, was about storing boats, cars etc. in front yards, I assumed that smart fellers would understand that we were talking about, well, front yards.

It's okay, I understand that simple minds can't follow all the conversation if it comments about relate ted shit.... and it is related because the same people will be out enforcing them, and some of this shit is a "catch all" bullshit that they will term a "Public nuisance". to much for you to comprehend, right.

I am impressed with your contribution to the discussion, even if it is wrong at least you got involved.

Vehicle codes, municipal codes, city ordinances, zoning laws will all blend. or have some similarities, and are confusing... that is there intention. Our legal system was created using the same structure as the one in England. The law should be written so you don't need a lawyer, the common man should be able to read, follow, and understand them himself. But they will always reference other laws making it hard to follow... so you have to have a lawyer...

These laws are needed because there are people like my friend Gil mentioned that aren't simply parking there boat in their yard, they are being rude and have no common curtsey toward their neighbors. The problem is, when left to someone's interpretation you open the door to problems where there shouldn't be any.

If you didn't like my input or comment, or don't believe me, think I'm smart or think I am dumb then you have me confused with someone else..... someone who gives a fuck what you think. The bottom line is, it will only be enforced if someone complains... but yes it is illegal to have anything parked in your front yard except in your designated offstreet parking, unless you have no access on either side of your yard to put it behind your fence in your back yard. If you don't have any pricks for neighbors, like some on here, then you won't have a problem. zoning will even give you a little diagram showing how you can park your shit, the set back and direction it has to face etc. if it comes down to this don't even bother because if they want to fuck with you they will just use one of the other catch all bullshit codes. Stand your ground and play the game... but you need to know the rules if you want to play the game and win.

Upvote 0

O'Bryan

Almost A Member
Nov 8, 2010
Hawthorne
Name
Brian M
Boat
Aorta
What I've learned from this thread......
Always be sceptical of someone who states they are actually a nice guy.

Upvote 0

Gmoyer

Aug 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Gary Moyer
Boat
38' Bertram - Los Lobos
What the hell, let's get some facts involved...

San Diego Municipal Code - Parking
http://puff.lbl.gov/transportation/transportation/pdf/sandiego-municipal-code-ch14.pdf

142.0510(g)

(g) Parking in Required Front, Side, or Street Side Yards. Within the RE, RS,
and RX zones, on lots with a side yard of less than 10 feet, with no access to
the rear yard, and with no other on-site parking areas located outside of the
front or side yard, one of the following vehicles may be parked outdoors in
the required front, side, or street side yard subject to the requirements
contained in Section 142.0510(f)(1) and (2): recreational vehicles, travel
trailers, trailers, boats, all-terrain vehicles, motorcycles, and similar
equipment.

(1) Vehicles and equipment shall be maintained in an operable condition.
An operable, self-propelled vehicle may be parked in the same manner
as any other operable vehicle, pursuant to Section 142.0510(e)(2).

(2) Parked vehicles and equipment shall be placed perpendicular to the
front property line when the item is located within the required front
yard.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses

http://puff.lbl.gov/transportation/transportation/pdf/sandiego-municipal-code-ch14.pdf

142.0510(g)

equipment.

yard.
    So the op wouldn't be good to go. His boat would be parallel to "the front property line".

Thread killer........

Upvote 0

Aggro

Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    I love geometry :D

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
    Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach

142.0510(g)

equipment.

yard.

Thanks Gary
    There you have the legal description and facts.... if you notice it says the same thing I said only I put it in plain English with out the references to the other laws.

Of course if you don't see it, still think I am full of shit, not as smart as you thought I was or what ever your bitch is/was... what can I say, don't listen/read what I wrote... oh yeah, and blow me.

What I've learned from this thread......
    Always be sceptical of someone who states they are actually a nice guy.

What about people who make a statement like this,
    I can also be the biggest fucking asshole you have ever met... I have had lessons from the best.

I don't expect everyone to agree with what ever I say, we all have opinions, but when you give someone the answer to there question and any related info of interest... and some asshole forgets what the question is because his focus is now on proving you wrong and attacking you personally, it's really hard not to show what an ignorant fuck they are. since I don't claim to be anything or expect anything and there is nothing in it for me why bother making the effort, let them learn it on their own

Upvote 0

matta57

hack
    May 30, 2010
    goleta
    Name
    matt
    Boat
    none
    I like the look of a nice boat anywhere, but I think an RV usually looks like shit.
    I just really like boats, I think.

Upvote 0

Texlee

Jun 3, 2012
    Vernon, Texas, USA
    Name
    Alben Lee
    Boat
    Excel
    Oh hell. I got to chime in. I have 2 vehicles in the front yard that dont run. 2 in the back that dont run. Careless weeds 5' high in the back yard. A broke down lawnmower on the west side of the house. My house has more antennas on it than NASA. I'm also a ham operator. Extra class. My neighbors park their tractors, plows, drills, combines, hay bailers, ect...in front of their houses. We all get along.......why cant yawl?????????????

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
    Sep 6, 2005
    Escondido
    Name
    Buster Brown
    Boat
    28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
    Oh hell. I got to chime in. I have 2 vehicles in the front yard that dont run. 2 in the back that dont run. Careless weeds 5' high in the back yard. A broke down lawnmower on the west side of the house. My house has more antennas on it than NASA. I'm also a ham operator. Extra class. My neighbors park their tractors, plows, drills, combines, hay bailers, ect...in front of their houses. We all get along.......why cant yawl?????????????
    Because of all the liberal dumb
    shits......

Upvote 0

Aggro

Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    This thread delivers!

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    You're in Texas,probably a less populated town.So Cal is crowded, most us live in tract homes,were all stacked up right next to each other.As much as i dont want my city telling me what i can and cant park at my house,im glad there are rules in place to keep my neighborhood from looking like a junkyard.

Upvote 0