L3757
Jun 16, 2017
Southern California
Name
Bryan
Boat
Parker 1801
Good morning,
Just moved to Carlsbad and plan on fishing out of SD or mission bay. I had space to store my boat at my old house but currently do not. A slip is out of my price range so I need some dry storage suggestions. I would like to have it close to mission or sd bay. I found a cool spot in vista but I’m on a wait list and it’s further from the water that I would like. Looking for suggestions around mission bay (preference) or sd bay.
thanks in advance

Upvote 0

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
KOA in Chula Vista... 3 miles away from launch ramp

Upvote 0

pescaloco

fish hunter
Aug 17, 2005
san diego
Name
Mark B.
Boat
27 Foot Stringari Custom
Camp land in mission bay
And
San Diego/ mission bay boat and ski club

Upvote 0

bowen405

L3757
Jun 16, 2017
Southern California
Name
Bryan
Boat
Parker 1801
Unfortunately the KOA is also full. I placed an inquiry with camp land. The club is a little gnarly with the membership fees and then quarterly assessment fees. Thanks guys hopefully I get some better luck so I don’t have to sell the boat...

Upvote 0

jigstrike

SCUBA Spearing Daddy
Feb 28, 2004
Sabre Springs
Name
Tom McKinney
Boat
Pacific Option, a 2006 Tiara 3000 Open
call around the marinas. Small boat slip space is often available and surprisingly cheap by comparison. Start with Driscolls in Mission bay and see if they have a side tie space.

Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    Scour Craigslist for a private boat storage. Sometimes people will rent out part of their land. I highly doubt you can have electricity though.

Upvote 0

jeffkaiser

Almost A Member
    Oct 14, 2005
    escondido, ca
    Name
    Drew Ann
    Boat
    Grady White Adventure 208
    $350 per month at Marina Village next to Driscols.
    5 minutes from the open ocean.
    Love the convenience and I use the boat a lot more!

Upvote 0

bowen405

L3757
    Jun 16, 2017
    Southern California
    Name
    Bryan
    Boat
    Parker 1801
    It’s hard for me to justify paying more to store the boat than to own it! I am learning pretty quickly that storage is not cheap but I guess that’s just the way it is! Thanks

Upvote 0

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
    Aug 23, 2004
    Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
    Name
    RICK
    Boat
    Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
    i was at sd boat moving and storage ...150 bux a month for a revolving spot on a dirt lot, the yard troll was a crack head and was constantly moving the boats around , damaging them. the worst place ever. i moved to aquarius , but didn't have 24/7 access. ended up at sdmbbsc. 180 per month , another 20 for ice , and the join fee ,300 . best place i've ever been. club house , bar , resteraunt fish cleaning , boat wash , power , and right next to a launch ramp {1/4 mile away}. lots of cool, conservative people .

Upvote 0

bufadora

Apr 13, 2011
    Santa Cruz
    Name
    darren gertler
    Boat
    Sorenson 15 - catamaran
    Also ask for inside ties or dory ties. Your boat is shallow and if it isn't too tall there are sometimes cheap spots under gangplank and such.

call around the marinas. Small boat slip space is often available and surprisingly cheap by comparison. Start with Driscolls in Mission bay and see if they have a side tie space.

Upvote 0