Stolen gear

Kauaiian

Nov 7, 2020
San Clemente
Name
William Miyamoto
Boat
Kayak
Got my fishing gear ripped off this weekend in San Clemente. Any info please let me know

2- lexa hd 400 one on a yellow and black Cali classic rod and one on a shimano rod the one on the shimano rod had a mint Tady surface iron on it. One had green braid the other had mono ontop of blue braid

penn 25 star drag on a 9’ graphtech rod with green braid

penn 25 narrow 2speed lever drag on a black and yellow Cali classic rod with green braid and mono top shot

penn 40 narrow 2 speed lever drag on a penn rampage rod with white braid and pink flouro top shot

penn sea line one custom rod with mono

any info is greatly appreciated

SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Damit this shit is getting heart breaking and harder to handle. I'd love to catch someone. Most these people don't know what it's like to put time into your arsenal just to see it gone. I've been there. Dam I hate people so much sometimes. I'm Sorry brotha 🤦‍♂️. it all comes full circle.

Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Surely someone has these thieves on camera and they may not even know it. Ask around and maybe someone caught these scumbags in the act.

Upvote 0

Kauaiian

Nov 7, 2020
    San Clemente
    Name
    William Miyamoto
    Boat
    Kayak
    If you are comfortable, please share how the thieves got to you? Did they break into your car, grab them from your boat while you were parking, etc?
    The gear was in my side yard not visible from the street and they had to enter my gate or jump the fence to get in. I’m thinking some one was watching me unload and put it away because that’s all they took was my rods and reels. There was all kinds of other things there but I’m sure they saw me unloading and waited till I left

Upvote 0

Jeff Hannah

HALIMOTO
    Sep 9, 2016
    Hb
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Play the Red
    I’m sorry for your loss thank you for sharing details to help others stay safe from idiots I live in hb and the theft is getting ridiculous lately . I am an electrical contractor in Orange County and I’ve been busy doing a lot of extra cameras and bright led lights for this purpose on the property’s I take care of here’s one in Santa Ana maybe this can help sometime even a fake camera or ring doorbell can save you some hassle ... this is a very high theft area of Santa Ana I recently lit up and the homeless and theft moved down the way quickly thieves are like cockroaches they don’t like light ...
    F6B146DD-4D3D-486E-8F15-69AD1EB6AC47.jpeg
    BE30C9F6-424C-4A77-8C11-C5987B1AF3C6.jpeg

Upvote 0

Jeff Hannah

HALIMOTO
    Sep 9, 2016
    Hb
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Play the Red
    This is a good product for your home that you can install near the side of your house in addition to the doorbell camera there are other options but these are easy to install for anyone ...

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes
    Thieves are like cockroaches -- they hate light. I am not sure cameras deter anyone that has a hoodie. My cameras are not easy to spot. And it is important to get high resolution cameras -- like 8 MP, and a DVR that records based on optical motion sensing with masking (so, someone walking down the sidewalk won't trigger it, but anyone on your property will), with some degree of sensitivity control (so a moving shadow or a bird won't set it off).

Upvote 0

Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
    Sep 16, 2019
    United States
    Name
    Bud
    Boat
    Formula 233
    Another easy way to harden a fence is an electric fence wire carefully placed 1 inch below the fence top on the backside of the fence. Solar powered fencer units are about 400 bucks and they’ll keep bulls penned up. Mine don’t screw with the electric fence. If you carefully place the wire 1 inch from the top and 1 inch off the backside, it’s right where someone’s hands fall when they try to jump the fence. It’s nearly impossible to jump a six foot fence when you can’t grab the top of it. Checkmate for fence jumpers.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Harbor freight driveway alarm,15 bucks,if someone breaks the beam it sounds off in the house alerting you.
    Sorry for your loss.

Upvote 0

jig77

Almost A Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    huntington beach
    Name
    michael
    Boat
    Mako 20'
    Sorry for your loss. Fishing gear is sentimental. I probably spend more time in n my garage reminiscing looking at my gear than actually fishing it. Makes me sick to think of my gear getting ripped off.

Upvote 0

openclass

Slam
  • May 28, 2009
    Napa
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Parker 2820
    Well if we as a society don't want to punish anybody, only expect it's going to get worse.
    California's in charge political party has released over 50,000 inmates in the past few years and then claimed that crime is not increasing in California. Well to do that they partially changed the laws to make formally felonies misdemeanors. Where are all these 50,000 releases at now.....they are having a good time knowing the cops are not coming because they are too busy with serious crimes, under staffed, and dodging fucked up media making them look like the bad guys. There is currently a massive release of "life without" that's life without the possibility of parole people. Want to know why this guys stuff was stolen. It's because California has become "The Purge" . Think it's going to get worse? It will until something is done about it.

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
    Sep 7, 2007
    la habra hts
    Name
    mike garrahan
    Boat
    23 ft. crestliner
    It is getting worse every year. I own a small apartment building in what used to be a decent part of town. The area has been taken over by the homeless and the tweekers and they roam the neighborhood at night like a bunch of zombies. They steal fire extinguishers, water hoses, potted plants, kids toys and anything else they can get their hands on. If it is left outside at night and it is worth anything it will be gone in the morning. If you leave fifty cents in change visible in your car some tweeker will break your window out to get it. I have spent thousands of dollars on fencing, gates, locks, motion detectors and flood lights and it barely slows them down.

Upvote 0

Kauaiian

Nov 7, 2020
    San Clemente
    Name
    William Miyamoto
    Boat
    Kayak
    It is getting worse every year. I own a small apartment building in what used to be a decent part of town. The area has been taken over by the homeless and the tweekers and they roam the neighborhood at night like a bunch of zombies. They steal fire extinguishers, water hoses, potted plants, kids toys and anything else they can get their hands on. If it is left outside at night and it is worth anything it will be gone in the morning. If you leave fifty cents in change visible in your car some tweeker will break your window out to get it. I have spent thousands of dollars on fencing, gates, locks, motion detectors and flood lights and it barely slows them down.
    Thank you everyone for your support this one hurts a lot.

Upvote 0

invictus

AVD
    May 26, 2006
    Orange County
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Tiara 2000 Cuddy
    They don't care about lights or cameras, because even if caught, they will spend less than one day in jail, and never pay a fine.

We voted for this. A cynical and timeless saying by my Scottish grandfather oft repeated, "The voters don't always get what they want, but they always get what they deserve."

Deeply sorry that someone invaded your home space and took your gear. Lost two reels off the boat in the water last summer in the span of eight hours between trips.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Barkoff
    Upvote 0

Barkoff

Parker 2320
    Oct 6, 2010
    Hollister CA USA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Dorothy G
    Ya it has become so bad in CA, even if you do catch them in the act, you can't even do anything lest you be charged with assault..and God help you if you decide to brandish a firearm at the thief robbing you blind. Do I sound bitter? :)
    Fast getting fed up, problem is people who have nothing to steal couldn't care less.

Upvote 0