STOLEN!!! From Point Loma...Custom wrapped THRASHER fishing rods, Shikari and Rainshadow. Keep an eye out, please!

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat Name
Limited load cattle car
Hey BD family. Waited a couple days to post this but wanted extra eyes open in case these rods turn up in SD or LA. Two bundles of custom wrapped Thrasher Rods were stolen this past Sunday night in Point Loma. Rods belonging to me as well as USN buddy and his 12 year old son. Rods were my personal arsenal. (9 rods total between us 3) Police report filed and currently IMG954118.jpg20190527_131731.jpg2019052295221244.jpgIMG_20190228_122530.jpgIMG_20180621_170822.jpgIMG_20170918_123823.jpgIMG_20180621_162047.jpgIMG_20190228_164045.jpgIMG_20181120_111604.jpgtrying to gain access to surveillance camera video. Notified a few solid BD members here as well as the handful of personal sportboat captains and deckhand friends I know. The Nichols brothers at SDTT are aware also, on the off chance that the stolen gear shows up for trade in credit. OfferUp and CL will also be monitored closely. These sticks plus the Thrasher Rods stick out like a sore thumb! Most have the Thrasher Rods decal and four rods have the proprietary, black Winn foregrips with red lettering logo. All have reel seats, no deckhand style, Fuji or Alps aluminum. All are custom one off's, especially the metallic blue/gray spiral wrapped rail rod. I will provide a brief description of the rods and add photos and video as much as I can: Two conventional 7-6" rods, model TRFM-76H. One is wrapped all black with initials "BJ", other is his son's same model with blue/light purple threads. Initials "KD" on that rod. Fuji seats on both. One 7-6", all black wrapped "CrowBar" 80-100 lb. conventional rail rod with black Alps guides, hypalon grips and Fuji heavy DPS graphite reel seat. My personal 8 foot 15-25 lb stick, wrapped in blue/gold/silver threads (matches YFT colors), blue Alps aluminum seat, Winn Thrasher logo foregrip and Xwrap rear handle. This rod has an OG yellowfin tuna flag decal and labeled with my name & model #: "Marcel's RAW-83". One 7 foot black/red wrapped Thrasher with silver Alps guides and silver single trigger seat. Model # is TR-70. Tip gas been repaired and is now black. Has Thrasher Winn foregrip also. One 8 foot, all black/thin red wrap with black Winn foregrip but an EVA rear handle, black PacBay reel seat and black Fuji Alconite guides. My stolen rail rod is also a "CrowBar" 80-109 lb. model but very unique. 7-6", gray/blue/blue metallic threads and acid spiral wrapped with Fuji turbo guides. Hypalon front/rear grips and big, blue Alps reel seat. Final rod was one I just recently picked up from Alin Williams here on BD. You guys who peruse the classifieds will know this rod, it was posted for sale for over 2 months. Hand wrapped by Len (skrilla). 7 foot vRainshadow RCJB84h with basket weave handle, gold/brown threads with JTOB's and custom abalone style and marbling on the blank. The gunmetal color Alps reel seat has two fresh indentations on the sides caused by my reel clamp screws, pretty noticeable as the rod was in mint condition when acquired. Alps guides on this one but an Xwrap foregrip. Final rod is an 8', all black Shikari, 15-30 lb stick, black Fuji guides and EVA grips. Labeled with Ben's name and/or initials, "BD". Appreciate any assistance with this unfortunate incident. Hopefully we'll get a lead or two. Lessons learned but it's worse when thieves take from military and kids. (For those of you who are aware of my annual charity charters, those anglers are special to me). Thanks in advance, BD brothers & sisters. Feel free to PM me as needed if any information. Mike (Sealskinner), please move thread as necessary. Jason Hayashi or Ali, I'm formally requesting to make this thread a sticky? Appreciate you all, what comes around goes around...

Marcel2018092295123523.jpg

IMG_20200722_101438.jpgIMG_20200722_101433.jpg

IMG_20200722_101445.jpg

IMG_20200722_101424.jpg

IMG_20200722_101408.jpg

IMG_20190228_122356.jpg

20190527_131423.jpg

IMG_20180621_161755.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: RichG
Upvote 0

kuyamonster

May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat Name
Limited load cattle car
Yeah, signs of the times and sadly won't be the last time. Got wind that other rods/gear were stolen about the same time. Just keep your videos coming to stoke us out, MF! Gets the mind off the negativity...😜

Reactions: stuman
Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Has Moderator Powers
Nov 28, 2003
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat Name
Franks ho
I'm so bummed for you Marcel.
I'll bet that scum sucker waited and watched. And the theft took seconds.
And the thieves are obvious. They sit on the fringes. They have nothing with them.
They aren't helping anybody. Sorry, that's my opinion.
This shit happens every week.

Upvote 0

kuyamonster

May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat Name
Limited load cattle car
Thanks Mike and Greg. Appreciate the 805 awareness, Tailslapping and Swami! Stuff's all replaceable and we'll rebound. Just bummed for my Navy buddy and his young son. Their rods had just been wrapped and no fish caught on them yet. If this post serves as a reminder for others to just be diligent, then it's done it's job...

Reactions: jer dog
Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat Name
24 ft grady white
Where were they stolen from ? It might help to know.

Upvote 0

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
  • Jan 19, 2016
    LB
    Name
    Jed Venture
    Boat Name
    the twisted ducker
    They're probably holding up some tweakers tarp over near the freeway roundabout.
    here's to hoping the mother fucker catches the Rona!

Upvote 0

Devareaux

Feb 7, 2019
    San Pedro, Ca
    Name
    Robert
    Boat Name
    Kayak
    Dang that sucks. I'm in Pedro near the 22nd St Landing. When I was younger, people would steal in other cities and slang it outside those neighborhoods to avoid detection. I'll keep an eye out in LA, if it makes it's way over here, we got eyes on it.

Upvote 0

Jaysons999

Internet fisherman
  • Apr 5, 2015
    San marcos
    Name
    Jay
    Boat Name
    18' Starcraft “Ace of Spades”
    Seems to be happening more and more. Such a sad thing when you think about how hard you work to get yourself nice gear. It ain’t cheap. Marcel I hope you get your gear back. Really a shitty situation. Good luck brother.

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
    Feb 24, 2003
    North Carolina........I escaped Kalifornistan!
    Name
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat Name
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    there is only one thing thieves are entitled to, and that would be a dirt nap. I f'n hate thieves! And if I catch one, I will do everything in my power to provide them what they are entitled to.....

sorry man. That totally sucks!

Upvote 0

angelinasdad

Captain
  • May 23, 2006
    HB
    Name
    Anthony
    Boat Name
    Parker 2320
    Sorry for your loss...that sucks. I think you guys have it all wrong. I doubt it is tweakers...they would stand out. I would bet the person, looks like a normal angler, is very smart and likely has another person working with them as a look out. They are there regularly and just waiting for the opportunity. This has been a regular thing at the landings and more than likely worse with the current situation. I would bet that same person was back at it within a few days, if not immediately.

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat Name
    24 ft grady white
    Sorry for your loss...that sucks. I think you guys have it all wrong. I doubt it is tweakers...they would stand out. I would bet the person, looks like a normal angler, is very smart and likely has another person working with them as a look out. They are there regularly and just waiting for the opportunity. This has been a regular thing at the landings and more than likely worse with the current situation. I would bet that same person was back at it within a few days, if not immediately.
    This is why i'm asking where these rods were taken from.The landing,a garage,a car ??? Most of us know to watch our stuff well when at the landing.When it gets hectic down there it would be easy for some a hole to pull this off.

Reactions: SouthBayKiller
    Upvote 0