tightlines

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 17, 2005
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
21 Grady CC
I feel your pain. Someone actually stole my boat from my slip a couple years ago. Seems to me that breaks ins and theft are becoming more and more prevelant, coming form experience (someone just broke into my car). Anyway the best thing I learned was to fully if not over insure your boat. Its still a pain in the neck but at least insurance covers. Sorry to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate f$%&*g thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A-Fishy-Nado

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 25, 2008
Ocean Beach
Name
Jared
Boat
2300 Striper A-Fishy-Nado
Hey Bro I have never met you but I would like to invite you with me if you are interested. PM me I will be landlocked for the next 2 weekends I am moving to OB.
later Jared

Cfhok

Jul 20, 2006
La Jolla
Name
Craig R
Boat
17' Arima Sea Pacer
LAME! I'll be out there this weekend and keep an eye out at the ramp.

Husker Heaven

Dec 17, 2007
Oceanside
Name
Lance
Boat
34 Silverton
I feel your pain. Someone actually stole my boat from my slip a couple years ago. Seems to me that breaks ins and theft are becoming more and more prevelant, coming form experience (someone just broke into my car). Anyway the best thing I learned was to fully if not over insure your boat. Its still a pain in the neck but at least insurance covers. Sorry to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate f$%&*g thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree - on one of the bulletin boards in Oside Harbor I saw two new flyers yesterday of boats that were stolen; both were stolen from San Diego IIRC.

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Someone actually stole my boat from my slip a couple years ago.
Anybody have any methods to prevent theft from slips? The locked gate at the dock isn't very hard to get past. Maybe a chain or cable lock to through the boat to the dock? Any ideas or methods you guys know of?

Not trying to threadjack-just trying to get some ideas.

Carrasco

Ceviche Connoisseur
Mar 28, 2008
Downey CA, USA
Name
Mario
Boat
It floats!
I will definitely keep an eye out for your boat. I am sure everyone who has seen your boat on this forum will aswell. Meantime, I am actively looking for that halibut first!!!

Fisha

skipper
Aug 3, 2006
Orange
Name
Dave
Boat
24' sea ray flybridge, 12' w/outboard
some kind of rigging that involves a 12 gauge and the fucker trying to steal the boat getting his head blown off comes to mind!!

JakeFernane

Aug 3, 2007
San marcos, Ca
Name
Jake
Boat
some day
Sorry to hear about the boat, but things happen for a reason. Keep positive and something in the future will be going your way.

john7429

Sgt
Aug 2, 2005
Anaheim, CA
Name
John
Boat
24' Skipjack/Cobra Tandem Kayak
no stress thankyou to all the replys/ help
I still have a sliver of hope left. However I now feel that if I step up and spend as much time doing exta work as I have looking for my boat I will be able to buy a newer better boat. I guess that is how it works those of us who bust our ass to afford the things we want will always be targets for lazy pieces of shit who have no ethics much less a fucking work ethic. next time I will make sure I am a harder target to hit
In the mean time any one in the market for an aquarium?
Any updates? How is your insurance handling this?

Oh... and what size/price for the aquarium?

OBfishguy

Aug 22, 2004
OB
Name
Justin Iacino
Boat
pallet with oars
well the update is that I still have no boat, no leads, and it still sucks, however, one of the other boats recently stolen in the neighborhood was recoverd up the street so maybee mine will also.
on the aquarium note. I run an aquarium service and have several tanks under 60 gallons right now, I have been building stands and canopys and selling them on craigs list for my new boat fund If you need anything aquarium related livestock, filters etc shoot me a PM or email this is what I do for a living so let me know.

drseiler

Super-Model
Mar 19, 2006
Camp North-Star
Name
Hal Danish or Harry Tators
Boat
19' Mako
If you find the bastards...don't call the police...call us. I hate a thief!
...fishnbuddy
thats how I roll to. Sorry this happend to you. I will gladly help in the k1ll1ng of boat thieves any day

May 18, 2005
San Diego, College Area
Name
K.O.
Boat
17' Boston Whaler "Yahoo Boy"
sorry about the loss bro. Ironically they video everything/one going into Mexico, it just has to be high enough priority to get someone to review the tape around some particular time period ..... i.e. kidnapping, attempted robbery, stolen vehicle last seen headed south .... they knew the chick that was "kidnapped" by her boyfriend was in Mex the same afternoon .... I know a couple of guys that park a vehicle in front of their boats each night just cause they're in less than optimal storage situations ...

ocsawdust

Dec 6, 2004
costa mesa
Name
Boat
On a side note, when I used to cycle ( mountain bikes) I would always release the skewers on both wheels if I stopped some where to grab something( I tried to never leave the bike not locked up but from time to time things happen). I always mentioned to the clerk that if you see me running out the door call an ambulance, then the police. Someone is gonna need some help. With that said, maybe pull off the lug nuts from the wheels. Sounds crazy but they won't get far.

OBfishguy

Aug 22, 2004
OB
Name
Justin Iacino
Boat
pallet with oars
negative my boat was never found
I am almost over it

smokincan

Carpe Phallus
Dec 26, 2006
O'side
Name
George
Boat
Goes To 11
Looks like the Mods want to keep this post up as a way of reminding you of your loss...?
Actually pretty thoughtful of them to help find homey's boat by keeping a bunch of BD eyes on the problem. Also to warn people in the area (or all areas) to maximize security.
A post worth keeping visible for a while if you ask me.

lobzila

May 2, 2007
Oside
Name
e-man
Boat
204 Angler
I love your thinking on this really I do, its just that tweakers who do this shit tend to be a little prepared for this. Dont bring a knife to a gun fight if you know what I mean. I hope this guy gets his boat back and the guys who took it get whats coming to them. But I have seen the cops arrest the property owner for almost killing the thief.

On a side note, when I used to cycle ( mountain bikes) I would always release the skewers on both wheels if I stopped some where to grab something( I tried to never leave the bike not locked up but from time to time things happen). I always mentioned to the clerk that if you see me running out the door call an ambulance, then the police. Someone is gonna need some help. With that said, maybe pull off the lug nuts from the wheels. Sounds crazy but they won't get far.