Stolen Boat San Diego

Soccerfella

Apr 6, 2020
San Diego
Name
Jeremy
Boat
Boston Whaler
My neighbors boat was stolen this morning at 5A.M. from the Overlook Heights area. (right off Seaworld Dr.) It is a red and white boston whaler style boat. It was a former San Diego lifeguard boat that my neighbor has spent years restoring to new.
From what I can tell in the video the truck that drove away with it is a Silver Toyota truck with alloy rims and a white camper shell on the back. I have included pics and video. Please let me know if you need anything else or can help in any way.

IMG_8588.JPG

IMG_8590.JPG

unnamed.jpg

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
I fucking hate thieves. I am sure they took it for the motor.

Crash

Feb 27, 2004
Mountain View CA
Visit site
Name
Robert Young
Boat
20' Skippy
250+ hours on the build, fishers her maybe 10 times... some POS stole my dream last week.

I really feel for your friend just fucking heart breaking

Attachments

Last edited:

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Putting something in your pocket.... isnt as obvious. I have a real hard time that Law enforcement doesn't do more for boat owners. Even strealing a car.... isn't as "obvious" as a vehicle pulling a trailer and boat. If you have the time..... look for more possible video....ie retail / bank locations very close to the house. SOMEONE HAS MORE..... just need to be your own detective. You need a "plate" number. Sorry for both of you. But let's find those boats! Be safe out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Tang and repo805

AhSpray

Assistant Gaffer
Apr 25, 2003
Escondido
Name
Rob
Boat
AAA+++ Ho
Very sorry to hear about the thefts, Soccerfella and Crash. I hate thieves and will keep my eyes peeled. Please let us know of any updates. Both of those boast should be easy to spot.

Reactions: marlyn

Hooops

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
Just assume engines are off and being moved south - hulls will more then likely be trashed or re-painted and sold.

Last edited:

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
I believe most people would help.... If it was "easy". With everyone sheltering in place. ...why not up the "ante"?

How to get more people involved? Post a reward.....for info "leading to the arrest and prosecution" of the individuals involved. You might be surprised how resourceful people can be when they're bored. Just a thought....

blubby07

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
21 Parker cc , and 2556 cierra yes its a bayliner (The Dude Man)
That boat sticks out like a sore thumb i will keep my eyes peeled.
sweet sled

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
I once worked at an RV dealership. One of my customers bought a new Motorhome. He was a Highway Patrolman. He painted a number on top of his Motorhome. The Motorhome was stolen and the theives were quickly caught going south on the 15 freeway (probably toward Mexico.) by a Helicopter, because of that number.

So, If you have a hardtop on your boat, I suggest painting a number on it.