I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 27, 2004
Mountain View CA
Visit site
Name
Robert Young
Boat
20' Skippy
So last Tuesday i am coming home from Sacramento after my mother in law's passing from a stroke a few days prior. I was just getting on the Benicia bridge and a message pops up from my fiend Pete saying my boat has been found via his Face Book posting he made when the boat went missing. As I am getting driving off the bridge another message comes in from Pete with an address. I tap the address up comes the map telling me to take the very next exit, 5 minutes and less than 2 miles from the exit I am standing in front of crack house looking at my boat.

Seeing how it was dark and the neighborhood was extremely sketch I retreated and called the cops. Eventually the 3 CHP cars and a motorcycle show up, they went up to the house and investigated. 15 minutes latter they brought me up to identify the boat etc. As the winch and tie downs were missing making the boat unsafe to tow and it was nearing 11pm the decision was made to leave the boat and return the next day to retrieve.

Much thanks to Paul and Scott for offering to come and assist.

The next day I picked up needed missing trailer parts at west marine and meet the CHP at the crack house, got the boat safely secured and towed back home. I am so grateful to have found the boat but am having mixed feelings about rebuilding. They took literally every fucking thing you could possibly unbolt i mean everything. They cut very fucking wire.. except one.. the transducer cable go figure. Really hard to justify spending money on a boat with the economic conditions I and others are facing If any interest in purchasing pm me..

Count your blessings not your problems ;-)

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_20200428_220815.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200429_182934.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200429_182613.jpg

Tuna Vic

Mar 17, 2010
Whittier California
Name
Victor
Boat
18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
Man that’s sad,so sorry,that skiff was awesome the way you had it rigged,I certainly understand your mixed feelings on restoring,wish you the best on whatever you decide.
Regardless still a beautiful little skiff!

Reactions: richardblufin

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Glad they found it but bummed about the condition it is in at this time.

Did they investigate the theft or the occupants of the shooting gallery?

HighWildFree

Feb 16, 2018
OC
Name
Erik
Boat
Moooo!
Glad you found your boat, sorry about the condition and the passing of your Mom, that's a tough week for sure. Hopefully you have homeowners that can cover some of the repair work.

I can't believe they even took the rails.

swami 805

Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Sorry about your Mom, that's a tough one. Such a cool boat,fucking thieves. Take some time and mull it over, this crap won't go on forever. Understandably you're in a bad frame of mind now, give it a couple months

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Yep and if they actually arrested the zombies they would kick them loose an hour later on an OR . Great state we live in .

Reactions: jer dog

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Sad deal all around.
Keep the faith tomorrow might look different.

onehottip

May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
Sorry for your loss, and a sweet boat.

Pitchinwedge

Aug 7, 2016
So Cal
Name
Sammie
Boat
None
Damn... almost makes me not want to get a boat anymore and definitely gives me a sour taste about boat ownership, even without a boat. Sorry about your recent luck, hope things turn to sunshine for ya.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Sorry to hear about your Mom-in-law, buddy. I understand your reservations, but if the hull is intact, why not rebuild? I get it, but as said, tomorrow might be brighter. f'n thieves! I would support the institution of penalties like they have in the middle east for thieves.

Reactions: Pacific Jigger

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
Yup, thieves are the worst.. scumbags. Cool looking boat. Keep it and get her back up and running. Sorry about the MIL passing.

Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
Sep 16, 2019
United States
Name
Bud
Boat
Formula 233
Boat thieves should be hung from the nearest streetlight with the anchor tied around their ankles. It’d be regarded as a community service by all straight thinking people.

Reactions: rexor_rn

bufadora

Apr 13, 2011
Santa Cruz
Name
darren gertler
Boat
Sorenson 15 Project
Heart breaking, sorry to hear about your losses.

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Brother....sorry for both situations. We can ponder why....but how about this. Your mom ....(from above) knew you would need a "desirable" distraction.... to help you rise back up in a few.months.... from both loses. She knows your love for that boat.... and fishing. In her own way..... she's still there.... encouraging you.... to rebuild what you love. If you do it..... When you do it.... do it in her honor... her memory. When your done.... remember her contributions to your love, fishing. Honor her that way brother.... everything else will heal itself... In time.
Be safe out there. Good luck.

a7ewizard

Jun 4, 2009
SAN RAFAEL,CA USA
Name
WARREN WEISENBURG
Boat
251,PRO-LINE, WIZARD
Crash,
I don't know you but I feel your pain! Really heartbreaking with all the heart and effort you poured into her.

Start a go-fund-me or post your PayPal and I'll send some $$ your way. I'll donate a typical fishing trip cost to get you back on your feet.
Finish it👍🐟

Reactions: woodfish330

Crash

Feb 27, 2004
Mountain View CA
Visit site
Name
Robert Young
Boat
20' Skippy
A78ewizard

I appoligize I can't see you name . your message is so thoughtfull. I am so grateful for your generous offer. I am a giver not a taker, it would be so out of character to ask others for money. I truely appreciat all of you for your replys life is pretty tuff right now but this too shall pass.

Count your blessings not your problems..

Chrishb7

Dec 4, 2010
Stanton, Ca
Name
Chris
Boat
2320 Robalo
That boat is fishy! Think of all the memories made on the water! Don’t give up on it

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
It was hard for me, as a younger me, to realize there are scum in society. As an older me, fuck them and make it as hard to steal your shit as possible. Teach your kids.

Reactions: Pacific Jigger

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
It was hard for me, as a younger me, to realize there are scum in society. As an older me, fuck them and make it as hard to steal your shit as possible. Teach your kids.
Two days ago tweekers tried to steal the batteries and propane tanks off my TT. They didn't get either dumb fucks. I found locks for the batteries and removed the propane tanks. I'm reviewing video footage of said toothless idiot when they realized YOU GOT NOTHIN BITCH. :D