Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2017
La Mirada/Whittier
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
Lmao I didn’t even notice this was 4 years old till the post, oh well.... We are raising awareness for boat thieves

Upvote 0

clevel

Skipper
  • Jun 4, 2011
    Laguna Niguel
    Name
    Cabo Jack
    Boat
    Cobia 261
    Had my Worldcat and trailer stolen from same area three weeks ago. It was also found in Longbeach a week later , thieves fishing gear still inside. Attached to a stolen big rig too
    Seriously crazy thieves! They don’t think they will be caught driving around a stolen boat?

Upvote 0

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 1, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
    Boat
    19 SeaPro
    In August I had launched at South Shores boat ramp by Sea World in San Diego. My trailer was hitched to the truck with no lock. I returned around near 11:30 am. There was a very dark colored ford excursion parked next to my trailer with a guy watching the boat ramp. I was one of the few car/trailers in the parking lot. As i walked to my rig, this excursion drove off. A light on my trailer had been stolen. I thought there was a good chance he was planning to steal my unloaded boat trailer. I will never know.

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
    Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    Cut there arm off!

fuck all that, cut their cock off so they can't produce any next generation thieves, you know what kind of values they teach their kids... not the kind i teach mine. remember if you buy shit from thieves your just as guilty as they are.

Upvote 0

hbouldin1216

May 10, 2012
    Lodi, CA
    Name
    Henry Bouldin
    Boat
    14 Gregor - Tinacious
    In August I had launched at South Shores boat ramp by Sea World in San Diego. My trailer was hitched to the truck with no lock. I returned around near 11:30 am. There was a very dark colored ford excursion parked next to my trailer with a guy watching the boat ramp. I was one of the few car/trailers in the parking lot. As i walked to my rig, this excursion drove off. A light on my trailer had been stolen. I thought there was a good chance he was planning to steal my unloaded boat trailer. I will never know.

A good tongue lock is like $20 at Home Depot. Half that at Harbor Freight but those rust FAST. Get a hitch lock while you're at it. Never understood why people spend all of the fishing costs and ignore $40 worth of locks to protect their trailer.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    fuck all that, cut their cock off so they can't produce any next generation thieves, you know what kind of values they teach their kids... not the kind i teach mine. remember if you buy shit from thieves your just as guilty as they are.

Agree 1 million %!

Upvote 0

backlashjack

Scallywag
    May 14, 2007
    Alta Loma, CA
    Name
    Jackson
    Boat
    Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
    A good tongue lock is like $20 at Home Depot. Half that at Harbor Freight but those rust FAST. Get a hitch lock while you're at it. Never understood why people spend all of the fishing costs and ignore $40 worth of locks to protect their trailer.

That shits toy! Trash. Just takes a little bit longer. I've had 3 dump trailers stolen. All were locked. I had one with a bad assed "U: bolt/ball, a master lock through the latch on top of the hitch. A monster chain wrapped around the axles to a light standard with an even bigger, badder lock. Just took a little bit longer. If a thief wants your stuff, you pretty much need to catch him in the act, otherwise, bye bye.
    I would love to catch someone in the act. Jail would be the least of his worries. He would be praying the cops showed up and saved him from the inevitable "chum bucket".

Reactions: jer dog
    Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
    Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    That shits toy! Trash. Just takes a little bit longer. I've had 3 dump trailers stolen. All were locked. I had one with a bad assed "U: bolt/ball, a master lock through the latch on top of the hitch. A monster chain wrapped around the axles to a light standard with an even bigger, badder lock. Just took a little bit longer. If a thief wants your stuff, you pretty much need to catch him in the act, otherwise, bye bye.
    I would love to catch someone in the act. Jail would be the least of his worries. He would be praying the cops showed up and saved him from the inevitable "chum bucket".

That works for me.
    The cops don't do shit, the best preventive is making an example of those who are caught.

Reactions: jer dog
    Upvote 0

dktool

2459 Trophy Offshore
    Aug 11, 2010
    Covina, Ca.
    Name
    Dean
    Boat
    1989 Bayliner 2459 Trophy Off Shore
    Every time I come back from a multi day at Cat I always wonder as I'm idling in the channel if this is the day I call for a ride home.

Locks only prevent some honest people from turning into assholes.

Reactions: Charles Fike
    Upvote 0

hbouldin1216

May 10, 2012
    Lodi, CA
    Name
    Henry Bouldin
    Boat
    14 Gregor - Tinacious

As you said, if it's sitting there in the long-term lot aka general parking lot, thieves will have plenty of time to snag it. Easy to say the lock rusted and they're trying to replace it. But it will deter the tweekers looking for a quick grab. Can't tell you how many trailers I walk past on the way to mine that are completely unlocked

Upvote 0