sdrepairman

Jul 2, 2012
san diego
Name
nick
Boat
n/a
so i got all caught up with work yesterday and wanted to go fishing
so i was planning on going on the mission belle but a buddy of mine called me and wanted to take his skiff out, so that sounds nice
ended up leaving a little late this morning but still made it to the islands in no time
looked around for a while then started metering some fish
this went on all morning
we hooked a few with the yoyo but they came unbuttoned
but i did manage to see some boils at one stop and through the surface iron and got one
that was the only fish for us but the sport boats looked like they were doing good
so get out there and try
fishing.jpg

Reactions: Clam_Digger
Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2009
Pacific
www.youtube.com
Name
Ben
Boat
22ft Boston Whaler Outrage
Holy Run-on sentence batman!!! Jk, nice fish congrats on catching it thanks for sharing this experience with us it is beautiful and large and sexy and thanks for showing us couch surfers how it's done now get out and do it again!

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
You said it.... Get out and try! I'm pretty sure I won't catch a yellow on my computer today!

Upvote 0

M5Boost

Almost A Member
Jan 20, 2014
Fallbrook
Name
Knotwerkin'
Boat
21 Proline, 52 Hatteras
I was the noob with the rental rod on the Mission Belle yesterday (2/14). What an insane day! There were a few guys that landed multiple yellowtail on the surface iron. Most anglers were using the yo-yo iron. I had 2 YT bites, lost 1 to sea lion, lost the other because my rental reel fell apart in my hands! Super fun trip, good people. Will do it again soon.

Upvote 0

poncherello

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
Wow, it's February and the YT are being caught on the surface iron. Awesome!

I got to stop web fishing and get out and fish.

Congrats!

Reactions: D-spot
Upvote 0