clevel

Skipper
  • Jun 4, 2011
    Laguna Niguel
    Name
    Cabo Jack
    Boat
    Cobia 261
    Out this morning Oct. 5, trolling and bait fishing at 14 mile Bank, water is clear but colder at 66F, then went south to 269, temp not much warmer at 67F. Did not see more than one boat at both of these banks. I guess i did not get the memo! Not much going on, birds were bobbing on the water, some schools of smaller sized dolphins here and there but no tuna under them. Went to the domes and nothing big to swallow my sardines. Headed to the barn as wind picked up at 2 pm. Dodged mine fields of lobster floats. Good day on the water, but a big El Skunko! Unleaded gas is now over $5 at Dana fuel stop. I sure hope there would be a few more weeks of 70 degree water left this year.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Out this morning Oct. 5, trolling and bait fishing at 14 mile Bank, water is clear but colder at 66F, then went south to 269, temp not much warmer at 67F. Did not see more than one boat at both of these banks. I guess i did not get the memo! Not much going on, birds were bobbing on the water, some schools of smaller sized dolphins here and there but no tuna under them. Went to the domes and nothing big to swallow my sardines. Headed to the barn as wind picked up at 2 pm. Dodged mine fields of lobster floats. Good day on the water, but a big El Skunko! Unleaded gas is now over $5 at Dana fuel stop. I sure hope there would be a few more weeks of 70 degree water left this year.
    Always nice to know where the fish are not concentrated, and thank you for your report.

Upvote 0