surfgoose

active geezer
Jul 29, 2010
Long Beach, CA, USA
Name
Gary
Boat
whichever has the longest bunk
Stuff like that would MAKE MY DAY back when I wore a badge. And without exception they were people with $100,000 boats and big-ass pickups and the fines didn't mean much to them, they were unable to comprehend the meaning of the law against it. Next time they would just sell it to their golfing friends from the cooler in the back of the $80,000 car. You know, the car with the American Flag decals.

Yellowtail Dan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
Bust him and sentence him to a couple hundred hours community service cleaning up after and helping to feed the homeless. At least that way it costs him something he'll remember and never be able to replace, time

gnehekul

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
At that price he ain't making more than a buck or so just on the processing. Looks like fish processor job so it wasn't cheap

DPevin

Jul 4, 2016
Dana Point
Name
Evin
Boat
kayak
No way that is a processor job. The cuts are too shitty as well as the vacuum seal job. Not to mention the stickers are just tape with sharpie written on them.

Reactions: SouthBayKiller

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
Reminds me of the thread posted a while back where someone was at a fish market and the YT on ice still had the sportboat name with the angler # stapled to its face.

I wish more of us didnt take unnecessary fish, just to give away to whoever or worse to sell on offer up. I understand hooking up the family with meat and maybe those special friends/neighbors that have been good to us, but my opinion is that should be the extent of it.

If your freezer cant hold limits, your limit should be what your freezer can hold. Again, not talking about close friends/fam, but certainly this guy (George) has taken it too far.

I take it one step further... The first thing I ask before I give fish away (even to family) is...do you eat raw fish? If there is any hesitation, they dont get fresh tuna or YT. Instead, they get rockfish to cook up any way they want.

I feel that the Tuna/YT is so much more valuable when eaten fresh and raw (maybe a light sear.) Can't help but feel the sushi grade fish is wasted if cooked.

The friends/family that are appreciative are likely get more if I cant eat the tuna/YT before it has to be cooked. Especially the ones that send me pics of their sushi meals.

My wife's grandma refused to try sushi for the last couple of years. We've done so well with the YFT recently that I didnt have any "cooking" fish to give her. I told her I cant give her tuna cuz she wont eat it raw. Guess who loves sushi now. o_O

Resized_20190921_183403_502.jpg

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
Me thinks you have all been trolled
Now that you mention it... @Hismosa has trolled the shit out of some guys on here. LOL. (Fuck your gay ass shitty fish tacos on paper plates..lol)

But...we have seen more than a few threads of fish for sale that were caught on sportboats. Hard to deny the tag stapled to the face of a fish at a market.

12c.jpg

Reactions: Omarkayak

Hismosa

Oct 15, 2016
Burbank, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
Boat hoe
Now that you mention it... @Hismosa has trolled the shit out of some guys on here. LOL. (Fuck your gay ass shitty fish tacos on paper plates..lol)

But...we have seen more than a few threads of fish for sale that were caught on sportboats. Hard to deny the tag stapled to the face of a fish at a market.

View attachment 1073066
Sales have been thru the roof since I posted this, all out now guys but will be fishing again this weekend

Reactions: SouthBayKiller

Highwayman

Jun 25, 2015
Name
Sammy
Boat
None
Stuff like that would MAKE MY DAY back when I wore a badge. And without exception they were people with $100,000 boats and big-ass pickups and the fines didn't mean much to them, they were unable to comprehend the meaning of the law against it. Next time they would just sell it to their golfing friends from the cooler in the back of the $80,000 car. You know, the car with the American Flag decals.
I agree they are breaking the law and when I catch bigguns on a party boat it’s a score for my friends. But with the information shown your profiling is a bit of a stretch. I (old American/Latino) like American flag decals and golf but never had an urge to sell my sport caught fish. I have a few fishing acquaintances with large sport fishing boats that are far from that profile and EVEN catch and release. So pics or it isn’t so...

surfgoose

active geezer
Jul 29, 2010
Long Beach, CA, USA
Name
Gary
Boat
whichever has the longest bunk
Dude, believe or don't, doesn't matter to me. But it always struck me as strange that people would put decals on their trucks and cars about being proud to be American and then ignore a law that they didn't like or found inconvenient. I felt it as jarring as the last scene in the old Steve McQueen movie "Bullitt" where the conniving politician drives away in the big black car with the "Support Your Local Police" bumper sticker.

Highwayman

Jun 25, 2015
Name
Sammy
Boat
None
Gary,
I get it but I believe people from all walks of life ignore laws they don’t agree with. And politicians are politicians. Just being fair.

Reel 007

Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
George will be along to defend his actions.......shortly.