PENN

mochosla

Sep 12, 2007
Granada Hills CA.
Name
Carlos
Boat
Parker 2120
Last Friday I decided to join the fleet and drove 4 hours to get to shelter island, got my bait, and off I went to where everyone else was. Apparently, we all got the same information and went south of the 425. I fished hard all night and until 1 PM the next day for nothing!! I saw a guy catch a 200 pounder 100 yards from me, charter boats getting multiple tunas, other private boats catching fish. Not me, I sucked ass. I tried flat falls all night as well as fly-lining live bait. I then went looking for paddies. While I did find a few, they were not holding anything or simply didn't want to play. I trolled, topwater in a couple of boilers. It just wasn't my day to catch a fish. Now, I'm not blaming it on the bait as I wasn't able to get anything on flat falls either but they did not have any sardines. All they had was anchovies and they were not very lively either. I heard a bunch of guys complaining about the same on the radio. I don't know, just a bad day in the water and leasons learned. I'm hoping to get out again and hopefully succeed next time.

Good luck to you all out there!

strackle99

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Mar 20, 2008
    Villa Lepro, Baja
    Name
    Todd
    Boat
    The one on the fish
    Some days you just got to pay your dues.

Too bad you couldn't connect. Next time you will slay.

Reactions: Tunahead
    Upvote 0

chachi10

Aug 28, 2018
    San Diego
    Name
    Chachi
    Boat
    None
    I dont even know why EB catches anchovy. fuckin trash bait for san diego.

once you fish the dine you can't go back to chove
    It's good for chum and if there's no sardines around it definitely beats nothing. They don't want to be selling chovies as much as you don't want to buy it.

Upvote 0

Zika

Chum-Master
    Aug 17, 2006
    North County
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    21 Bayliner Trophy (Cheap-BassTurd)
    You will get them next time.....I just can't believe they are out of dines !! I would have tried to make macs instead and roll down with those !! Better than chovies !!

Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Purr-Sea-Stance / Montauk 170
    I feel your pain. I can't even tell you the number of trips I've done where I've had BFT heart break. Lots of time and $ invested pursuing these beauties! They still have me hooked.

Reactions: jeffkaiser
    Upvote 0

jeffkaiser

Almost A Member
    Oct 14, 2005
    escondido, ca
    Name
    Drew Ann
    Boat
    Grady White Adventure 208
    Tough report to write but THANKS! All dope is helpful. And you learned so you got something...and paid some dues...++
    Better luck next time.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Way to give it a go. That's Bluefin fishing unfortunately speaking.
    Better days ahead hopefully for you. .

Upvote 0