RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Partner dan and I did a little recon mission today checking new spots before the upcoming tournament, the Bass were chewing hookup baits and we had a little luck along the way, back at the house at 8:45. Looking forward to the tournament should be a good time 🤙

Attachments

Reefmo

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 28, 2016
North OC
Name
Matt Skogmo
Boat
Trout Sniffer - heavily customized 18.5 tracker targa
Dang. I was out sat night. Tried chaffee and a few other spots... only one lobster ... but it was legal. Other than that it was sloooooowww. 1 small crab and a couple of whelks was it. Nice work!

pescadorable

Jun 27, 2009
Orange
Name
Tony
Boat
Cabo 216 The Fish Taco
Partner dan and I did a little recon mission today checking new spots before the upcoming tournament, the Bass were chewing hookup baits and we had a little luck along the way, back at the house at 8:45. Looking forward to the tournament should be a good time 🤙
Good Job Mang.

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Dang. I was out sat night. Tried chaffee and a few other spots... only one lobster ... but it was legal. Other than that it was sloooooowww. 1 small crab and a couple of whelks was it. Nice work!
We got skunked Friday night.

miaf

Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
Good job!

I have some reservations about that lobster tournament. Lobsters are too easy to keep alive for a few days. Seems like a opportunity for someone to be unethical for the opportunity to cash in on some easy money.

Money makes people do stupid things.

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Good job!

I have some reservations about that lobster tournament. Lobsters are too easy to keep alive for a few days. Seems like a opportunity for someone to be unethical for the opportunity to cash in on some easy money.

Money makes people do stupid things.

No shit. Never thought of that.

With all the paddy poachers I see, what you're saying is not a stretch.

Folks limited of integrity.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodRage

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
It’s real there are divers that do that, I’m not in it for the money we’re just gonna have a good time with it😜

Reactions: makairaa

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Picked up two fat mud crab along with a legal bug in a Hoop, lots of small reds in our hoops also tonight, yet to try one but know people who dig em, curious how it tastes.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: the SLIDER

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
I attempted to eat a larger one about 20 years ago. Just like you called it, "MUD Crab" is exactly what it looked like inside.

I boiled it, melted some butter, cracked it open, took a look at it, backed away from the table, threw it in the trash, then pretended I really wasn't that desperate to have tried.

"If it looks or smells bad, it ain't going in my mouth", said the guy who ate and liked Lizard Fish.

Last edited:

ja73

Sep 1, 2017
SGV
Name
Jay
Boat
Arima SC16
Between rock crabs and spider crabs, I'll go with rock crabs, but spider crabs and not bad tasting. If you don't clean the crusted mud off of them with a wire brush before dropping them in the boil, you'll enjoy the mud taste.
What sucks is they have a super hard shell, but grab a pair of good pliers and it makes cracking the shell on them easy.