RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Always heard it’s bad luck but I’ve done it on four different boats still catch fish and haven’t sunk yet, got me thinking while lettering my buddies BlackFin today about all the different stigmas/traditions such as name changes and bananas.I know there’s some funny and some real ones out there- what are yours or some that you have heard of?

1F7CB20B-8C9E-4249-8D25-EB34E3FECCB5.png

C593E5BE-AC32-4477-AE59-E8BBC99AF72C.jpeg

1B54059A-170E-4C53-9292-AAB47D80C640.png

Last edited:

cortezpirasea

Pangero
    Feb 23, 2012
    la mesa, ca
    Name
    Russell
    Boat
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    I'm not real superstitious, but the First Cast curse is pretty real. If I'm lure fishing and I catch on the first cast, I'm likely to turn around and leave. I've wasted days of my life trying to disprove the theory.
    First cast curse is is real...

Upvote 0
    Aug 21, 2020
    Burbank, California
    Name
    Harry karaoglanian
    Boat
    Tiara 3900 open
    I think the changing of boat names is only a curse if you leave something on the boat with the original name. Say, the old name was George and you had some pillows with George on it or a custom gaff with that boat name and you changed the name to Bob and didn’t take those items off the boat.

Upvote 0

mahi

Jan 5, 2005
    laguna niguel
    Name
    Bob
    Boat
    Henriques 28 Express
    I changed the name on 2 boats and did not follow any type of Ghosting Rules. Just remove the old name and put on a new decal.

Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    changed the name on 2 boats and did not follow any type of Ghosting Rules. Just remove the old name and put on a new decal.
    👌

Upvote 0

dsl

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    My buddy has paid a lot of galley tabs.
    I say, keep betting.
    Ya ya, I always tell my buddy, "I do not gamble" he always say's "dont worry you will be donating! to me!"

Upvote 0

Liv2 huntnFish

Trying to be the report instead of reading it!
    Jan 12, 2012
    Bakersfield Ca.
    Name
    Chasi'n Tails
    Boat
    2352WA Trophy
    The bananas curse I have a great laugh and story from. One of my first trips to So Cal islands. I invite my brother and his buddies to joins us. Plan was to fish grey light till mid morning then dive and spear fish. we spent the first 4 hrs on the boat trying everything and the kitchen sink. While trolling late in the morning looking for fish I Jokenly asked who brought bananas on the boat. One of my brothers buddies jumps up and says "I did, you want one" I laugh and told him get those dam things off my boat that's why we haven't caught shit!! He grabs them and just tosses them overboard. I laughed and told him I was only kidding. Then explained the ole wise tale about bananas on boats, not 30 seconds later port side stern rod goes off. They rush to grab it thinking we're hooked up. They get the jig to the boat and attached to it was the bananas he had just tossed overboard.
    Banana Chad.jpg

Funny part is right after that we got about 100 yards away from the bananas started hooking rat yellows and Bonita.
    20150831_140611.jpg
    We were all laughing and now my brothers buddy believes in that ole wise tale. LMAO

Upvote 0

dsl

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    The bananas curse I have a great laugh and story from. One of my first trips to So Cal islands. I invite my brother and his buddies to joins us. Plan was to fish grey light till mid morning then dive and spear fish. we spent the first 4 hrs on the boat trying everything and the kitchen sink. While trolling late in the morning looking for fish I Jokenly asked who brought bananas on the boat. One of my brothers buddies jumps up and says "I did, you want one" I laugh and told him get those dam things off my boat that's why we haven't caught shit!! He grabs them and just tosses them overboard. I laughed and told him I was only kidding. Then explained the ole wise tale about bananas on boats, not 30 seconds later port side stern rod goes off. They rush to grab it thinking we're hooked up. They get the jig to the boat and attached to it was the bananas he had just tossed overboard.View attachment 1290473

Funny part is right after that we got about 100 yards away from the bananas started hooking rat yellows and Bonita.
    View attachment 1290474We were all laughing and now my brothers buddy believes in that ole wise tale. LMAO
    🍌:profile:👍

Reactions: AndyJ
    Upvote 0

Latest posts