www.RingedHooks.com
  • Jul 10, 2005
    anaheim
    www.RingedHooks.com
    Name
    Guy
    Boat Name
    none
    A man bait can carry heavy line without the stiffness of the line effecting the man baits performance much. The bait is strong enough to carry high diameter while still looking natural. Hence the fish are reacting to the baits performance and not so much as to the thickness of the line

Flyline a sadrine on 200lb and probably won't get a bite but flyline a man bait on 200lb and can get a bite

Spear a fish and while the fish is quivering. The sharks are all over it. As soon as the fish is dead. The sharks have less interest
    Exactly, how can you fish a Sardine with #150 fluoro and have it be able to swim halfway decent. I have been prototyping a number of hook configurations and stealth 🥷 presentations to find a balance to work. I am basically a Man Bait fisherman, but if they are not biting the big baits we need to have some good options.

Upvote 0
    Nov 16, 2018
    Lincoln, CA
    Name
    James Stinnett
    Boat Name
    Vagabond
    Just got off the Stan Vanderburg 11 day yesterday on the INDEPENDENCE. Crew tied zero connection for me as I am more than capable, cast zero baits for me as I am more than capable. They crew cooked and served my meals for me.cleaned my bathroom several times, gaffed my fish, kindly took my hooks out of my catch and occasionally had them check my drag when I was fishing for the TROPHIES. Almost forgot they loaded and unloaded all my shit on and off the boat. GLADLY tipped $1,100.. I would to thank the Indy crew. Matt, Brian, Romo, Forrest, Louis, Shane, Rollo and Chuck. Also a big shout out to Mr. Vanderburg, what a class act

Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat Name
    whichever has the longest bunk
    If you put a big ringed hook on very heavy line in a sardine, he just is not going to swim. Sooo . . . you have to give it the appearance of swimming. Best way I've seen and used is to just flyline feed line out for about thirty yards or more and then put a rubber-banded sinker onto the line and drop it over. It drops down, and the sardine gets pulled down into the depths at a diagonal and LOOKS like it is swimming and wounded. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and fish have no hands. If they want to investigate something they have to put it into their mouths.

Reactions: ripped and Kevin A
    Upvote 0

Guyster

www.RingedHooks.com
  • Jul 10, 2005
    anaheim
    www.RingedHooks.com
    Name
    Guy
    Boat Name
    none
    If you put a big ringed hook on very heavy line in a sardine, he just is not going to swim. Sooo . . . you have to give it the appearance of swimming. Best way I've seen and used is to just flyline feed line out for about thirty yards or more and then put a rubber-banded sinker onto the line and drop it over. It drops down, and the sardine gets pulled down into the depths at a diagonal and LOOKS like it is swimming and wounded. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and fish have no hands. If they want to investigate something they have to put it into their mouths.
    Part of the key is to not put a big ringed hook into a sardine, it injures them too much. Put a smaller hook in the bait like a size 1 hook and drag the bigger hook behind or bridle them.

Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat Name
    Red Rooster
    Sometimes really big tuna get lazy. They are already stooped with some exceptional senses.

Reactions: surfgoose
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 11, 2003
    Costa Rica from San Diego
    Name
    Brad
    Boat Name
    Yamaha FX SHO

It is strange. A jig mimics a wounded bait often for the bite. Easy prey

But they also want the liveliest bait on the flyline most often

Reactions: surfgoose
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Costa Rica from San Diego
    Name
    Brad
    Boat Name
    Yamaha FX SHO
    Just got off the Stan Vanderburg 11 day yesterday on the INDEPENDENCE. Crew tied zero connection for me as I am more than capable, cast zero baits for me as I am more than capable. They crew cooked and served my meals for me.cleaned my bathroom several times, gaffed my fish, kindly took my hooks out of my catch and occasionally had them check my drag when I was fishing for the TROPHIES. Almost forgot they loaded and unloaded all my shit on and off the boat. GLADLY tipped $1,100.. I would to thank the Indy crew. Matt, Brian, Romo, Forrest, Louis, Shane, Rollo and Chuck. Also a big shout out to Mr. Vanderburg, what a class act

My only needy. Is a double salad as it comes for dinner. If it's forgot. I don't say anything

Upvote 0

Kevin A

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat Name
    25' aqua sport
    That's actually a little lite for a 11day trip, It would be a decent tip if it was a 8day trip, It's just my opinion.

Reactions: yakdout and plj46
    Upvote 0

Kevin A

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat Name
    25' aqua sport
    On some trips the entire group pools the tips right? In those cases, would you tip the same, less, or more?
    Who ever came up with that idea is probably the one not tipping, If they say 15 or 20% tip up front per passenger would be acceptable. But I still would prefer to tip them when settling up the night before the end of the trip.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Nov 16, 2018
    Lincoln, CA
    Name
    James Stinnett
    Boat Name
    Vagabond
    That's actually a little lite for a 11day trip, It would be a decent tip if it was a 8day trip, It's just my opinion.
    KEEP YOU SHITTY OPINIONS TO YOURSELF.. THE TRIP WAS $4,800 and I tipped $1,100... "The crew doesn't have to hold my hand like they do you" FUCK OFF

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Tymeflyme

Feb 14, 2012
    Albuquerque
    Name
    Vince
    Boat Name
    Isabel
    What happened on the 8 day trip was the Captain had to approach two of the individuals while they were trying to disembark, I happened to be next too them when it happened & have never seen anybody trying to skip out on their tab much less a tip on a 8 day adventure.

Reactions: ripped and jer dog
    Upvote 0

Day0ne

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Dec 24, 2004
    Texas
    Name
    David
    Boat Name
    233 Formula Shadowdancer
    20% is $960, 1100 is 22.9% so I wouldn't call it lite