Explorer1

Almost A Member
Jan 6, 2019
Toronto
Name
San
Boat
None
Hi ALL, sorry if this is wrong section to post this.

been on a few party boats and there are a lot of Terez and Travela S other Anglers use which I have a few as well. Same Color, mostly same Spec. I was thinking I have to do something to mine after another Angler mistakenly took mine when we were coming off the boat. So happen we both had our reels taken off when the boat is riding back. So it’s not his fault, after a long day, everyone just want to get to the truck and go home.

Thought about custom decal with MudHole but would like to hear what most of you do, thoughts?

Upvote 0

MatthewC

No. The Albacore are not coming back this year.
Jan 17, 2015
San Diego
Name
Matthew Carlin
Boat
Floating Kind
There are many things you can do in this case. A custom decal is one idea. I do repairs for a local tackle shop and many guys will come in requesting a guide be rewrapped a bright alternate color to set the rod apart.

Reactions: tapatio and Cubeye
Upvote 0

Cubeye

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
I've seen a lot of guys wrap different color electrical tape on their rods. Or a combination of different colors.

Reactions: jgerken
Upvote 0

willbuyone

Terry Cobb
Aug 4, 2016
Lompoc Ca
Name
Terry Cobb
Boat
Robalo R180 ( Sole Seeker )
I just use these sticky dots . They may have be replaced once in awhile, but they are easy to identify and cheap .

8DF0EA30-5E28-4FB4-8D22-F497E5CB2DA2.jpeg

Upvote 0

ironmike

ironmike
Aug 19, 2004
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
nope, need to go with you or Cattle Boats
I write the customers name in big letters on some factory rods, since they all look the same. Ya can't miss the name, it's just above factory info and facing reel.....In the style of writing on these rods below. It's very obvious... Can't find any pics of the factory ones. I wrote their name on them, and gave them back
to the owners! no pics. Most any rod wrapper can do it for you,
or, make a decal of your name.
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0985.JPG

Upvote 0

AWilliams

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 18, 2009
Ramona, Ca.
Name
Alin Williams
Boat
none
Personally, I'm not a fan of names on rods...in case I sell it no one wants the expense and hassle of removing it. Electrical tape of sticky dots work good.

Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Purr-Sea-Stance / Montauk 170
    Which one do you have/like? Have you found silver or gold on clear tape, or just white/black on clear? Looked like some only have one or 2 fonts. Thanks!
    I think it's this one and has a million variations on tape color and size (well maybe not a million) Three size fonts on mine (probably an older version) and stretch/compress different fonts too. Easy to use.
    Amazon product

Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Purr-Sea-Stance / Montauk 170
    Link looks Iike it works to me??
    Here are photos of the Brother P Touch that I have:
    Model PT 1290
    Happy labeling.
    Will

849B08B4-BD44-4634-907F-E3F7D6F06F13.jpeg 909800D2-DC3C-446D-B431-21BC679D4312.jpeg FE117AFA-14EF-40F7-83FD-7D72488141C9.jpeg

Upvote 0

Ranger805

Aug 30, 2016
    Ventura CA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Radoncraft
    Have the same label maker and it is perfect for putting your id on fishing rods. The white background with black letters stands out nice.

Upvote 0

ironmike

ironmike
    Aug 19, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    nope, need to go with you or Cattle Boats
    Personally, I'm not a fan of names on rods...in case I sell it no one wants the expense and hassle of removing it. Electrical tape of sticky dots work good.

Yes that's true. If I'm gonna sell it, I'll offer to remove my name. Pretty easy, and offer to put the new owners name, unless they're a trader.. don't really want the rod for themselves, like some people on this site.
    Sticky dots and tape are easily removed. by evil thieves!!

Upvote 0