backlashjack

Scallywag
May 14, 2007
Alta Loma, CA
Name
Jackson
Boat
Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
I know this isn't the "right" forum, but it's where I lurk around. And I just was so stoked and proud that I had to share.

I took my 7 year old out on his first "deep sea fishing adventure" yesterday. He landed 14 fish (released most) on a 1/2 day (compared to me only landing one, lol - busy being his wing man), but he got big fish honors with a hawg Sand Bass. Jackpot fish! He was more than happy to share his take with the crew. I asked him if he wanted to go to Toys-R-Us to spend his fishing loot or spend it on another trip. H
e said "spend it on another trip".

Looks like we got another one "hooked". Way to go Michael!

KIMG0385.jpg
KIMG0387.jpg
KIMG0382.jpg
KIMG0386.jpg

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Michael, nice boots. Lucky Dad!

Upvote 0

RichG

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
Neat Jackson.... way to go. We all started somewhere. keep posting all the picture you desire, we all enjoy seeing kids having fun and catching fish.

Upvote 0

backlashjack

Scallywag
May 14, 2007
Alta Loma, CA
Name
Jackson
Boat
Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
Good going! I like the picture of your son with the big ass grumpy. Sneering at the fish.

I'm pretty sure the sneer was for me. I had him move to better lighting for the shot and he wanted to be back at the rail. LOL

Upvote 0

NaplesJohn

Never Forget 343
Jun 9, 2010
Port Aransas, TX, USA
Name
John
Boat
Wilderness Systems T-160...and just sold the boat!!!
Awesome, I'm sure all of us remember our first party boat trip...I was 8...a bit over 46 years ago! Great seeing you out there and getting him hooked with the rest of us!!

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2009
BAJA SUR
Name
DA RAT
Boat
NONE
great trip !

i took my 5 year old grandson on a half day trip about 18 years ago and basically just baited him up most of the trip, as i should ! i think it was out of dana point.

boat was pretty loaded up, weather was fantastic and everybody was cooperative.

he caught a barely legal sand bass that took the jackpot !

$ 200.00. i told him he needed to give part of it to the crew and he begrudgingly gave $ 50.00. i told him it's his money and he could do as he wanted. i paid the galley tab.

another boy caught a bigger fish but his dad didn't enter him in the jackpot.

on the way back in, there were yellows boiling and i threw a jig several times and got about a 12 pound yellow. he asked if he needed to give me the jackpot and i said no, the jackpot was already done.

memory is burned into my mind, and his.

he has gone out several times since and also visited me once when i lived in the east cape when he was 15 and has caught roosterfish, striped marlin and yellowfin on his visit along with his uncle.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Reactions: stephen campbell
Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
I bet you had more fun that he did. And he's decked out with little Xtratufs even!! Nice job

Reactions: PheasantHunter
Upvote 0