Stardust 5/28

swami 805

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Went out on the stardust yesterday, weather was overcast all day but smooth. Fished the deep early and it was dogshit slow. After a couple hours moved inside some and managed to scratch out a mixed bag of fish with some reds, far from the good rockfishing that's expected up here. Jackpot was a whitefish which sums up the day.
As usual the boat is a well run machine, crew super friendly and helpful and a damm fine burger. Stayed out an extra hour to fill the sacks.
They're all over the masks, you can go in the galley to use the head which is cleaned after every use but otherwise the cook brings whatever you want to the door.
A fun day and good to get out on the water

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
Mar 2, 2010
Glendora
Name
Rocket Dog
Boat
passenger again
I'm planning to go up there and try it out. I understand that they didn't raise the prices either.

swami 805

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Price went up a little to $100,not too bad. Well worth it though compared to what other boats get.
couple tips, try to pick where you fish, you don’t want to be next to a bunch of rent rodders if you can avoid it. Best spots are either side of the bait tank, plenty of room behind you. dress in layers, not many places to hang on the boat ride out of the elements, plan on it being overcast with some drizzle this time of year. Saw a couple guys in shorts freezing their asses off, it’s a 2 1/2 hour boat ride each way

Reactions: joe pimentel

bosco

Older Timer
Oct 21, 2005
Santa Barbara
Name
Ken Ross
Boat
Someone else's
Price went up a little to $100,not too bad. Well worth it though compared to what other boats get.
couple tips, try to pick where you fish, you don’t want to be next to a bunch of rent rodders if you can avoid it. Best spots are either side of the bait tank, plenty of room behind you. dress in layers, not many places to hang on the boat ride out of the elements, plan on it being overcast with some drizzle this time of year. Saw a couple guys in shorts freezing their asses off, it’s a 2 1/2 hour boat ride each way
Did you fish Santa Rosa or Santa Cruz Islands? Was the bait frozen squid? Thanks for the reply,. bosco

joe pimentel

Me Hung Low
Dec 27, 2010
pismo beach, ca. U.S.A.
Name
Joe P.
Boat
The Pacific Mistress
Headed out tomorrow thanks for the report got a stash of shrimp for bait see what happens...:ele: