Standard horizon gps antenna

jsquez

master backlasher
Jun 8, 2015
Name
jesse
Boat
no
Well I’m stupid and miss read the ad I got a standard horizon 1400 and at the time I thought it had gps... and technically it dose but needs a antenna to work... if I didn’t already put in my mssi in the radio I would have returned it and got one with built in gps antenna... long story short I purchased the standard horizon gps antenna open the box and it has a plug and my radio has wires... so I looked it up and it says for this model to cut the plug off... after doing this I realized that the diagram I looked up on the website has different wire colors then the antenna... can’t seem to figure it out any pointers would be great..

so radio has
brown green red white yellow
Antenna has
Green blue red black brown

diagram says
Black ground
Red hot
Brown yellow
Green black

0BD79285-B47B-44E2-A593-DDB233D37CA0.png

image.jpg

Last edited:

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
OK,

This is common with colors not ligned up. I know, it should be.

You need to label the wires based on function using the owners manual wirong diagrams. They tell you what color wire does what (sure you know that).

I then draw it out, then start connecting/testing.

It’s stupid that even the same brand it’s like that.

The top diagram is the one that does it for you. The GPS antenna has separate power, that is easy, wire accordingly to your bus bar or with your radio power, fused appropriately.

For me
Drawing it out makes it easier, and labeling the wires with a little piece of tape with the color they are supposed to connect with.

They may have mislabeled the blue antenna as black. Cross check both owners manuals and Standards web page.

Last edited:

jsquez

master backlasher
Jun 8, 2015
Name
jesse
Boat
no
Problem solved not sure if this is 100% correct but it’s working for me

I appreciate the info invictus

image.jpg

7690A697-FA3B-4F9E-BEC8-6D83A00C6006.jpeg

Reactions: invictus

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
Right on! Your thoughts on seeing it work are exactly like mine, it works.

Reactions: jsquez