Saltwater Stand by to Stand By... Albacore

tunafin

I've been fishing since Noah built the Arc.
Jan 2, 2005
Cojo Jalama / Pt Conception
Name
Jeff .......
Boat
Anal Glaucoma (I cant see my ass going to work)
Just seemed to bypass San Diego. Catching Bluefin and Yellowfin and temp is up to 69-70° offshore. few boats reporting to WFOA of longfins 70 miles off Monterey in 63°. Maybe some DoDos headed your way if water continues to push.

Upvote 0

salty nuts

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 2, 2004
Camarillo
Name
Tim Mohawk
Boat
25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
Just seemed to bypass San Diego. Catching Bluefin and Yellowfin and temp is up to 69-70° offshore. few boats reporting to WFOA of longfins 70 miles off Monterey in 63°. Maybe some DoDos headed your way if water continues to push.

Where are you seeing this report? I must be blind only report I see if from 4/23 on the site. Where did you see it?

Upvote 0

seaDNA

Jul 18, 2012
Kenmore, WA
Name
Roger
Boat
Meant To Be
There's a nice report of both bluefin and yellowfin tuna being caught on the Eclipse fairly close in to San Diego within the past two days.

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
There's a nice report of both bluefin and yellowfin tuna being caught on the Eclipse fairly close in to San Diego within the past two days.

This was at 225 miles so it's not really "close" to SD.

The party boats will be running in force this weekend and hopefully they will discover the "meat" if it's out there.

Won't be long now and the so far things look very promising.

Reactions: lofin
Upvote 0

salty nuts

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 2, 2004
Camarillo
Name
Tim Mohawk
Boat
25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
This guy is full of shit...Have another cocktail.

Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
did fish the kelp off of las pulgas and water temp was 70 that was on sunday I would think the albies will be on there way soon we can only hope a few will swing by for a visit

Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat
sold! / cattle boat
Upvote 0

tunafin

Jan 2, 2005
Name
Jeff .......
Boat
I posted reply on Socal thread and attached email. Didnt say they were in Washington and didnts say thousands were caught, Just 3. :720icon::cheers::hali_olutta::beerbang:. If your buying cocktails then I'll have another........:D

Upvote 0

tunafin

Jan 2, 2005
Name
Jeff .......
Boat
catchabigone
I am waiting for them to come up here this year, 1998 el nino had them wihin 20 miles. and albacore at the Noyo Harbor whistle. There are reports of albacore 20 miles offshore of Shelter Cove, Fort Bragg area already. We are running next weather window.....
Where are you seeing this report? I must be blind only report I see if from 4/23 on the site. Where did you see it?
Hmm....... not the only one with info and never met or chatted with catchabigone. I have been told by reliable source and he has more than my 35 years of experience. Why does everyone cry if they weren't the first ones to pass out the info or boat the first fish. Standing on the shore and waiting, denying it aint true until someone you know and posts its for real then its ok. The board is for those that know how to use the info. If you believe, go fish, if not wait til you do but quit acting like ugly betty and pout all over the boards. Let the wind die down and we will see.

I get a lame from plj46 and he has no credibility cause has all his info blocked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seaDNA

Jul 18, 2012
Kenmore, WA
Name
Roger
Boat
Meant To Be
This was at 225 miles so it's not really "close" to SD.

The party boats will be running in force this weekend and hopefully they will discover the "meat" if it's out there.

Won't be long now and the so far things look very promising.
As said above it was on the first day of a 1 day trip. From the Eclipse report "We found a small water edge at about 3:30 in the afternoon. We immediately got a double jig strike and a bait fish on Yellowfin tuna. We were pretty surprised as it is May and we could not recall ever catching Yellowfin tuna in May in this zone so close to home. We began to scout around and got into some cold water. We were going to turn up towards home to put ourselves into position for the next day. We decided to go back to the zone. We immediately got a stop for five Yellowfin tuna on a meter mark and a couple blind strikes. At that point, it put us to 9 yellowfin tuna. About 7:00 pm in the evening we saw a small spot of Bluefin tuna up feeding and puddling around. We slid the boat up swell of them, threw some bait, and they immediately came to the corner and under the boat. After some casualties and the initial shock, the blood on the deck, we ended up with 15 Bluefin tuna. We put the jigs right in the water as we left in the dark, and immediately got a jig strike with two more Yellowfin. That put us at a total of 11 Yellowfin tuna."

Upvote 0