St. Thomas report

Discussion in 'Anywhere Fishing Reports' started by Casa Vieja Lodge, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Casa Vieja Lodge

Casa Vieja Lodge Newbie

Name:
    Jim Turner
    Boat:
    Release
    Greetings from St. Thomas and Loaner Sportfishing

It has been quite some time since I last sent a fishing report out and a lot has been going on. I have switched boats and I'm currently running a 60' Bertram called the Loaner and we are currently based in St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.

We have been running charters since June and to describe the fishing in one word: Fantastic! The bite this year is as good as it gets and we have been fortunate enough to be included. Our last trip we went 5 for 8 and this was indicative of the fleet in general. But the last 10 days have seen a dramatic increase in the bite. One boat 3 days ago went 3 for 5 and released an estimated 900+lb marlin.

The September moon, on the 4th, is shaping up to be a great bite and all indications are this will be a moon to be remembered. I have great dates still available for this moon and I'm sending out this email "fishing" for some bookings. Accomodations are great and close to the marina and are reasonably priced. So anyone looking to catch the great bite please contact me and let me know how I may be of service. Until later

Tight lines
    Captain Ross"Flash"Clark
    <!-- / message -->

Attached Files:

2. Casa Vieja Lodge

Casa Vieja Lodge Newbie

Name:
    Jim Turner
    Boat:
    Release
    This weekend 4 boats raised 50+ marlin! Our boat, the Loaner went 6 for 9. Tomorrow we're out for 3 days, maybe more.

Flash

3. Casa Vieja Lodge

Casa Vieja Lodge Newbie

Name:
    Jim Turner
    Boat:
    Release
    These past few days we kicked butt. We went 6 for 8, 3 for 5, 2 for 4 and today we went 1 for 4 and had 2 eaten by the sharks and we came in at 1pm.

Flash

4. Team Karma

Team Karma Newbie

Name:
    Kyle
    Boat:
    54 Sculley: Karma 3
    I only have one word to describe my current emotion: Jealousy. Keep the reports coming. Give us some more photos for all of us that are stuck internet fishing right now!

5. Casa Vieja Lodge

Casa Vieja Lodge Newbie

Name:
    Jim Turner
    Boat:
    Release
    Good morning and greetings from St. Thomas and "Loaner" Sportfishing

The last moon, the September moon, was to say the least beyond compare. We began our moon fishing for one day with Art Godoy and his family which included wife and daughter, Alisha and Sherry, and a friend Elisa. And it was a good day as his daughter caught and released her first blue marlin! A great time was had by all, it's always a special day when someone catches their first marlin.

But from there the bite built up to something that has not happened in the memory of many St. Thomas veterans. Frank Branch, captain of the Sandra-T, and his boss Serena arrived to fish one day with us and 3 days on another boat and they saw an incredible bite. We were fortunate to raise 8 blues and release 6. 2 fish were over 400lbs and all with the exception of 1 were over 300lbs. They went on to have a strong run for the next 3 days releasing over 12 fish in 4 days of fishing!

Stan"the man"Strickland and his Captain "Buck" were next to fish with us and once again the bite was on. Over the course of the next 5 days of fishing we released, between Stan and our next group, 7 blue marlin and raised quite a few more. All in all an incredible moon.

We are booking for the October full moon, which is on the 4th of October, and we have great dates available still. Historically the October moon has always been good and usually better than the September moon which if this proves to be the case should exceed all expectations. Anyone with any interest should get in touch and let me know how I may be of service. So until later....

Tight lines
    Captain Ross"Flash"Clark

Give us a call at South Fishing 800.882.4665 if you want to book the Loaner for the next moon.

6. scorch

scorch Bartender

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    21' Chriscraft Scropion
    Awesome!!