SS rear four blade for VP 290?

dweller

Feb 14, 2021
Brookings, Oregon
Name
Craig Good
Boat
26' Anderson
Does anyone make a SS prop set with a four blade rear prop for the 290 DP-E? I've searched the internet for hours and come up with nothing but the Volvo A series aluminum and the Solas replacement aluminum set as the only duoprop sets that can be had with a rear four blade. And a whole lot of contradictory opinions on aluminum vs SS on these drives, especially on a heavier commercial vessel. Seems as though I'll have to stick with the A3s I've been using but I think I could really benefit from switching to stainless if I can maintain planing and load carrying capability...

Upvote 0

ltran0614

May 8, 2013
Orange
Name
L Train
Boat
27' Radon LRB
Think 2X about the SS vs Alum. I kept mine AL bc in the event you run over something, I'd rather replace my props vs my outdrive.

Upvote 0

dweller

Feb 14, 2021
Brookings, Oregon
Name
Craig Good
Boat
26' Anderson
Think 2X about the SS vs Alum. I kept mine AL bc in the event you run over something, I'd rather replace my props vs my outdrive.
Ya, I hear you. But the SS would help alot in the kelp and where I'm at it's mostly sand that I hit crossing the bar, so I think the SS would be an advantage.

Upvote 0

Albrektsen

Really?
Nov 7, 2003
SD
Name
Kirk
Boat
Farallon 2600 Walkaround
call the prop shop in Mukileto WA. He has A series sets and SS too, but the SS sets are not his fav, lower performance...."like a club" going thru water

Reactions: dweller
Upvote 0