nick17yz

TUNA TOKER
Nov 6, 2008
SEEKER RODS
Name
Nick Rekrut
Boat
Longrange
me and 2 buddies arrived in san quintin yesterday. we made it here easy with no hold ups or delays. the road has a half mile of construction after ensenada, but wasnt bad at all.

we we're in high hopes of killing fish despite the weak reports the last few days.

we headed out today with k & m sportfishing and opted to fish inshore. we fished the 6, 15, and bens rock. we looked for some bait at the mouth of the bay for no love. we decide to fish the iron anyways.. (yellows or bust)

the morning started with wide open squid on our first few drifts. they are big and relentless.

we scratched a few critters and then i farmed a yellow on the iron. we then made a move to find breezing yellow mixed with bones. we scratched some monster bonita and no yellows.

from move to move we seemed to be getting squid everywhere. we trolled some rapalas in between high spots and even got a double squid with the rapalas. shitty.. we caught some more bonita and made another move to a wide open ling bite. they were going full speed.

we called it a day after a lot of critter killing and no love on the jack.

we ended the day with 10 lings, 5 big bones, a lot of big whitefish and critters.

highlight of the day was watching a mondo squid shoot a gallon of tinted water across the stern on my buddy daves face and chest. lol

tomorrow the plan is to fish offshore in search of tuna, dodos, yellows.....

i hope to have daily reports for our 3 days here.

at the dock of the old mill was a chili cook off when we got in. it was 4 $ and some damn good eats. there were several different chilis with bacon wrapped stuffed crab jalapenos and othe good stuff.

i think in my opinion it was a tie between lorenzos wifes chili and the venison chili. sorry i forgot the name of the lady who made it. i didnt have the balls to handle lorenzos spicy chili to test it either.

big props to K&M sportfishing for running a kick ass operation. they do whatever it takes to get us on the fish.

Attachments

tunasurfer

Dec 8, 2008
san quintin baja mexico
Name
alex rekrut
Boat
17' monarch
YAH YAH YAH you should've brought the oldman,,,,i don't farm yellows,,,, hope you guys get em outside,,,, great picts,,, say hi to lelo,juan and gang from me,,,,calamarie ,,,yum yum......oldman

BajaBass

Bummininbaja
Feb 8, 2007
La Paz, BCS
Name
Jon Lundberg
Boat
16ft,Ensenada Boat Works, Mi Sancha/'02 17' Triumph CC
Bringin' Coors Light to Mexico?? Shame on you!!! Some nice ling tacos there for sure. Good luck with the next 2 days!!

seasonsfishing

Captain 100 Ton MNC
Jan 15, 2007
Squid Grounds
Name
Captain Jamie Thinnes
Boat
Parker 3420 XLD / Parker 2520 / Parker 2300 CC
Have a good time guys and hope the outside bites for you! Send us areport when you get back to the beach.

Good to see Hollywood with you guys!

Susana

Jul 23, 2006
San Quintin
Name
Susan Duggan
Boat
21 Seaswirl
Great report, Nick. Nice meeting all of you! And by the way, the lady with the venison chili was Sharon (Charo).

nick17yz

TUNA TOKER
Nov 6, 2008
SEEKER RODS
Name
Nick Rekrut
Boat
Longrange
thay sell COORS LIGHT in Mexico now. all over Ensenada.

we did bring coors light, but the pic you see is us holding bud light.

Nice lings
they were full speed for like 20 min

Great report, Nick. Nice meeting all of you! And by the way, the lady with the venison chili was Sharon (Charo).
thanks Susana. nice meeting you too.

Have a good time guys and hope the outside bites for you! Send us areport when you get back to the beach.

reports up. thanks brutha!!

Good to see Hollywood with you guys!
had to drag him here.. haha

Bringin' Coors Light to Mexico?? Shame on you!!! Some nice ling tacos there for sure. Good luck with the next 2 days!!
thanks man. reports will be coming.