SQ Report 8/26-8/29

TsTime

May 9, 2006
IB
Name
Gary
Boat Name
37' Strike Walk Around
In yesterday from a trip with friends, stayed at he Mill, had not been for probably 6 years and was really happy with the improvements made. Still the same feel but with added comfort. With C-Bass catches the past week that was our focus for the 2 days with Oscar on the '23 Parker from KM Sportfishing.

After arrival Thursday and connecting with our friends that evening dinner at Molina Viejo and I enjoyed the Pozole de Mariscos, really good.

Day 1- 05:45 start, made bait quickly and ran out to the C-Bass areas fishing in 50 to 80 feet of nice green water, all the log scooters, grumpy sand bass and calicos you would ever want. Not the right kind but a full day of catch and release. Dinner that night at Molina Viejo and I enjoyed the Pozole de Mariscos, really good. After the extended happy hour we enjoyed dinner at Eucalypto, all i can say is kudos to Javier for taking an unused area and transforming it to a wonderful restaurant. I enjoyed the Lava Plate and topped it off with chilled Hornitos and then 2 scoops of ice cream drizzled with Kahlua, outstanding!

Day 2- local tournament day so got of the dock at 05:15, made bait at gray light and repeat of day 1 up to about 12 noon and decided to end the day with some lings and reds. Oscar took us to a spot or 2 and we proceeded to have some fun pulling up some meat. After a shorter happy hour we walked over to the tournament festivities and enjoy a fried chicken dinner from Tiburon's wife's Laura stand, she has opened a fried chicken restaurant in town. $5 for 2 pieces of chicken, home made mashed potatoes and slaw with a roll, deal of the trip.

Sunday, said goodbye to our friends who were fishing with Tiburon (Later text showed a good yellowtail catch on the high spots) and on the road at 06:30 arriving at our favorite taco place in El Sauzal around 10 for a plate of adobada and carne asada tacos. Off we go connecting on the Rosarita 200 to Otay Sentry for a 2 minute crossing and home in IB by noon.

Short but fun trip with the boys!
imagejpeg_2(3).jpg
IMG_4076.jpg
IMG_4085.jpg
IMG_4086.jpg
IMG_7483.jpg
IMG_9469.jpg

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    Great Report and and pics. Nice fish guys.
    Glad you had a Great Time there. Been
    years since I fished there. Great place. TC

Reactions: denis
    Upvote 0

TsTime

May 9, 2006
    IB
    Name
    Gary
    Boat Name
    37' Strike Walk Around
    Thanks All,

Ed and I have enjoyed SQ for over 35 years, back to the Ernesto days, getting stuck on the mub bars and turned around in False Bay. We took a break from SQ for the warmer areas on the Cortez, have to say the paved road, hiring a guide and AC in the room are a bit of a game changer.

Upvote 0