SPYDRO Underwater at Pearl Harbor!

Scuba Chris

May 17, 2016
Kapolei, HI
Name
Christopher Takahashi
Boat
Christina Ann
Jacks & Bonefish Ripping My Baits Apart All Day Long!

I used 3/0 hooks so i'd limit my catches to "hopefully" legal sized fishes. But i hooked & released multiple catches from papio "jacks" to o'io "bonefish". Some were under legal size limits but most were legal but i still released everything i caught. I was just glad to see healthy stocks of popular local food fishes. Looks like a good year for fishing.

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
Cool video! I've been thinking of getting a Spydro. How do you like it and any advice before I buy one?

Scuba Chris

May 17, 2016
Kapolei, HI
Name
Christopher Takahashi
Boat
Christina Ann
It was originally made for bottom jigging & trolling. I've adapted it for surf casting. I only use it in areas where i know from past outings that it won't get hung up. Or in areas that if it does get hung up on structure to discarded fishing line that i can go in to retrieve it. If you do intend to toss live/dead baits i developed my own system that works. You can reduce the added weights to get farther casting distance. Since then i no longer use an 2oz lead egg to the mainline above the unit, a 3/8oz is good & instead of individually wrapping 2 5/8oz torpedo leads on each side of the center "railing" i now use 2 3/8oz torpedo leads before tie-strapping them together. You still need to wrap the exposed torpedos because the bare lead touching that metal rail causes weird signals for the cam. Here's my modifications at-

Scuba Chris

May 17, 2016
Kapolei, HI
Name
Christopher Takahashi
Boat
Christina Ann
I'm still editing today's Spydro moments. In a different type of area, a fresh water river emptying into a pond with the ocean connecting to it at high tide. I'm almost done & will release it tomorrow morning. Thanks!