Nineball

Let’s goooo!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
So the 7.3 has new batteries, coolant change, and pressure wash.

I have a nice camper (courtesy odin7) and ready to check out somewhere new. Thinking of driving south for a few days with the kids. I've never seen the redwoods so that seems like a good choice.

Any thoughts to expand on this simple trip

Hey John, (g-spot) any chance you've got room for an overnight Camp on our way down? If not, no biggie.

It's me and my the 3 boys, and maybe one of their friends.

I'm thinking of running the Oregon coast on the way down, camping along the way.

Hell, I don't know. It will be an adventure for sure.

Reactions: Odin7

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Running 101 with a truck/ camper would suck in my opinion...I've done most of it and it's a twisty sob...pick a destination and stay a few days instead of driving a bunch. Or head down the end of this next week and dig some razor clams.. put them kids to work.

Reactions: Nineball

Nineball

Let’s goooo!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Drive down to the Oregon dunes and rent ATVs and go play in the sand!
I reserve the right to tell them this is an option. Damn, that sounds like fun.

Running 101 with a truck/ camper would suck in my opinion...I've done most of it and it's a twisty sob...pick a destination and stay a few days instead of driving a bunch. Or head down the end of this next week and dig some razor clams.. put them kids to work.
This logical reasoning is the sole purpose of the thread. Thank you for your intuition Greg. I have all of these thoughts

Jasongind

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 10, 2017
Federal Way, WA
Name
Jason
Boat
Bayliner175BR
Make sure you check the park website and ensure there are spots available. I've been looking at National Parks and many are already booked out for the season, especially the rv spots.

Nineball

Let’s goooo!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Change of plans, that's how I roll

I have matts beach house in grayland until Friday!

Thanks Matt!!

Now, are there any "must do's" while I'm there???

I plan on finding a place to camp on Friday night (because the house is already booked) so we can participate in the clam dig on sat

Better question, is there any fishing that I am missing out on without the boat??

Last edited:

Fowlplay

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 20, 2009
Longview, WA
Name
Mitchell
Boat
Parker 2520 XLD"Bucket List"/20ft super vee
Go for a ride on the sand rails in Florence, OR, I don’t know if the are running yet but the jet boat rides on the Rogue are awesome, redwoods are pretty amazing as well.

DaKanati

Captain
Mar 17, 2009
belfair,washington
Name
Josh
Boat
272 Sailfish "ManCave"
You can head up to westport and hike out to the end of the South Jetty and catch rockfish and possible ling cod. A buddy of mine pulled a almost 20lber a week ago.