Spreading my Father's Ashes

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Fishing Reports Forum' started by J_B, Jun 26, 2010.

1. J_B

J_B Captain

Name:
    JB
    Boat:
    21' Lightnin' Whaler "Moana B."
    My dad passed away 7/14/2007 we spread his ashes in Hanalei Bay 2 years later.

7/15/2009 we caught a 195 lb Ahi and missed a bigger one broke the #400 leader by the boat.

7/16/2009 we caught a 222 lb Ahi. Uncle Chris "the guy" had the big guy by the boat in less then 20 minutes, unreal.

--
    JB

Attached Files:

2. grander007

grander007 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    zzzz
    Boat:
    46, Bertram, Deep Blue
    Thanks for sharing - NICE fish...

Tight lines,

3. force21

force21 Oldie

Name:
    Glenn
    Boat:
    21 Force JAYMIELYN
    7/14 is around the corner...go get um again!

4. spock

spock Newbie

Name:
    Spock
    Boat:
    17 currentline
    Great story and nice fish! Congrats!

5. hb1111

hb1111 Newbie

Name:
    skipper
    Boat:
    wanna be
    the lord works in mysterious ways!!! for sure your dad had part in this!!! nice catch!!!

6. J_B

J_B Captain

Name:
    JB
    Boat:
    21' Lightnin' Whaler "Moana B."
    Thank you for all the kind words. My Boat isn't done yet! Got my 19' center console Boston whaler outrage extended to a 21' cleared the deck off had a cab installed, fish box, twin motors etc. Can't wait to get it on the water but probably won't be till end of July. I will post pic's once its done. Hopefully get out on someone's boat for 7/14/2010. Funny thing was all the slayer's went bolo head 7/16. We went from like 10:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m no strike when the day before first two passes over 500 fathom pinnacle resulted in one fish broke #400 leader landed second fish #195. In before lunch not enough ice. On 7/16 We had not a touch and they let me drive the boat around 5:30 pm when the GUY "said come on Jake put us on the fish", we were headed in towards Hanalei Bay we were almost to the 500 fathom when I asked Luke to drive the boat because I wanted to check How far back the Starboard side rigger was just as I got to the reel BAM! Hook up, 25 minutes later Hanapa'a #222 gutted. Both fish were caught on ALOHABIRD's Iceman Lure, one straight Killa!:2gunsfiring_v1: Every time I go fishing i feel connected with my Dad and that is what I love about fishing so much I can get away from the crowds and the rude people and reflect on the important things in life.

--
    Thanks,
    JB