Spreader light/ docking light recommendations

HORT

Jul 13, 2014
Name
Kory
Boat
1974 Skipjack20 Custom
Looking for good led spreader lights to mount on the side of my boat for docking at night. I am looking for quality but not break the bank expensive. I see a lot of inexpensive led lights online but question the quality of them. What have you guy's had good luck with?

Upvote 0

Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
  • Jun 22, 2014
    No Grave But the Sea
    Name
    Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
    Boat
    Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
    I have (2) Lumitec Caprera2 red / white spreader lights. I love them. Not cheap but they are bright A.F. but dim-able

Reactions: Cheech and HORT
    Upvote 0

Kwohlers8

Anchor Point
    Dec 1, 2012
    Fortuna CA
    Name
    Kris
    Boat
    25' Skipjack Fisherman "Anchor Point"
    I run a couple of these and am very happy with them. They’re about $60 a piece but come on sale for $50 occasionally.

Reactions: HORT
    Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    I run a couple of these and am very happy with them. They’re about $60 a piece but come on sale for $50 occasionally.

Found these in a two pack on their site for $99 with harness

Reactions: HORT
    Upvote 0

whatdaheck

Dec 5, 2019
    los angeles
    Name
    Peter
    Boat
    Parker 2320 SL
    Installed 2 of these for deck lights on a buddy's boat and they seem to be very well made and have a nice spread

Upvote 0

Walker Inc.

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jun 24, 2013
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Name
    Patrick Walker
    Boat
    33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
    I will vote for visionX. I have 6 of their lights on my boat. They have been excellent, and the one issue I had was handled on the dock from my salesman!

Upvote 0

neversink2

Here fishy fishy fishy...
    Oct 9, 2004
    HUNTINGTON BEACH
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    31' Cabo Express
    I got a 2 pack of 60w 115v LED flood lights from Amazon. White housing. I think it was about $30 for both. Only installed one and replaced a 150 watt halogen. The LED is way brighter. Had to make a bracket, but otherwise a solid upgrade.

Upvote 0

Woodeneye

May 23, 2007
    North Orange County
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    Striper 2300
    I've had these on for the past three years and still going strong. Identical to the West Marine branded ones, but fraction of the cost. Someone on here recommended them back then.

Upvote 0

Fisha

skipper
    Aug 3, 2006
    Orange
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    24' sea ray flybridge, 12' w/outboard
    Do you know what waterproof rating they have? Couldn't find it on the website. Thanks

Upvote 0
    Oct 24, 2020
    USA
    Name
    Anthony Roberts
    Boat
    boat
    I use Obcursco Pontoon. It has great length. Super simple to use. Just plug in and it’s on. Can easily be connected with additional lengths. Hardware is included to install in any configuration. Perfect as accent lighting or as ambient lighting. You will be very happy with this purchase. Highly Recommended!

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    I use a couple L.E.D. 12v. garden/Yard lights for my spreader lights , just sand them down two or three coats of a good clear coat on the metal ... Brighter that halogens for like 10 bucks each on ebay...

Upvote 0