titos334

VIP Elite Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hell
Name
Kevin
Boat
Rainbow Surprise
Ran into a friend earlier this week and made plans to go fishing wednesday night. Fishing in the bay seemed to make more sense then fishing inshore so we took his 13ft Whaler out to Huntington. I've never fished there before and my friend hadn't really either. We were both figuring the trip had a high likelihood of being a skunk trip, but we were really wrong about that. We fished from ~9pm-1:30am.

Any time I'm fishing somewhere new I like to bring up Google Maps and give it a good look through. I picked out a couple spots that looked interesting and tried it out. I also like to drift around to cover water and then once bites start happening, put the trolling motor down and then pick it apart. That's pretty much what we did, took a little bit to find the fish since we're not the most knowledgeable of that area.

I recently picked up some new creatures and chatterbaits and I really wanted to put them in the water and see what opinion the fish had of them. They loved the creature/craws, it was all about the jig. Once we got the pattern dialed in we were getting bit a lot, missed quite a few bites but we landed some really nice grade fish. All of the fish came on some combination of creature/leadhead except I did get one to go for my chatterbait w/ black swimbait trailer.

G5VxKtP.jpg

SaBK6SN.jpg

FSDP8vm.jpg

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
The ol' paca craw... Awesome bait for fresh and saltwater. Have a good scent built in, too. Netbait makes some great stuff.

Upvote 0

titos334

VIP Elite Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hell
Name
Kevin
Boat
Rainbow Surprise
The ol' paca craw... Awesome bait for fresh and saltwater. Have a good scent built in, too. Netbait makes some great stuff.

Yeah I like the paca craw a lot, most of my fish came on a Keitech crazy flapper I had texas rigged. Switched to the football head/paca after losing a punch rig of sorts that I didn't feel like taking the time to re-rig. I think I like the Keitech better but was running out since I only ordered one pack to test out.

Upvote 0

BurningHeart

Wayward Son
Oct 12, 2010
Bakersfield
Name
Joel
Boat
N/A....I wish
Awesome times!

I seriously gotta get back to a harbor and try for spotties again.

Upvote 0

Rusty Rod

Almost A Member
Feb 28, 2015
Name
Jeff
Boat
26 Mackinaw
man, those are nice! Great job!

Upvote 0

Latest posts