hawksfan75

More questions than answers
Sep 7, 2011
Kent, WA USA
Name
Eric
Boat
Hydra Sports 2200 DC
Who is going to Puyallup this week? Saw some of the Sportco deals and will likely be on the prowl for a few things. Also researching a 2021 trip for when I turn 40…

What is on everyone’s shopping list?

PSULion

You only live once
Apr 9, 2019
Snohomish, WA
Name
Barry
Boat
Hewes, Coldwater
Where did you see the deals? I was hoping to grab a Tanacom 750 rod/reel/braid combo if they run that special. I can't make the Sportsman show but will be at the boat show.

hawksfan75

Sep 7, 2011
Kent, WA USA
Name
Eric
Boat
Hydra Sports 2200 DC
Where did you see the deals? I was hoping to grab a Tanacom 750 rod/reel/braid combo if they run that special. I can't make the Sportsman show but will be at the boat show.
I got the Members flyer in the mail. No Tanacom special listed (bummer, I might finally have clearance to add a couple).

here’s the flyer for anybody interested: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0257/9064/4306/files/Flyer.pdf?461

We will be at the boat show the second weekend. Likely at sails and ales too…

Last edited:
Reactions: Grady226
Oct 25, 2018
Renton
Name
Anders
Boat
North River Seahawk
sportsmans will be great to look for a trip..other than that i can't spare the extra time to hit both the boat show and the sportsmans...so boat show only for me this year.
i was going to head down to the portland sportsmans show, as i've heard its just an insanely better show...but again. no time.

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
I’m thinking about it. Anyone got free tickets?

Odin7

Doug Fir
Apr 19, 2008
Beverly Hills
Name
Elizabeth Warning
Boat
Space Shuttle
I might go.

Eric, I think I'd be able to pick you out of the crowd.

If you see someone about the size of Tyrion Lannister, that'd be me.

Reactions: hawksfan75

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Name
Steve
Boat
"Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
Who is going to Puyallup this week? Saw some of the Sportco deals and will likely be on the prowl for a few things. Also researching a 2021 trip for when I turn 40…

What is on everyone’s shopping list?
What kind of trip?

RUNNOFT

Word of the Day: IceMelter
May 13, 2003
Orange County Kali
Name
OT - the Other Travis
Boat
Professional Boat Ho for now
Barry and Eric - what would you be looking for in a Tanacom combo deal, either with just braid and/or rod? If there's enough interest I may be able to get a group buy.

hawksfan75

Sep 7, 2011
Kent, WA USA
Name
Eric
Boat
Hydra Sports 2200 DC
Barry and Eric - what would you be looking for in a Tanacom combo deal, either with just braid and/or rod? If there's enough interest I may be able to get a group buy.
Spooled reel.
Sportco has a deal earlier this year of spooled reel and rod for $448.

PSULion

You only live once
Apr 9, 2019
Snohomish, WA
Name
Barry
Boat
Hewes, Coldwater
I was hoping to get the rod/reel/braid setup for the $450-$500 range price like before (IIRC). Even just the reel/braid deal from Black Friday ($450?) would be fine. I couldn’t get to OE in person when they had that.

it’s on my boat show Todo list because I recall someone saying they ran the same special at last years show.

No worries if doesn’t materialize tho.

kenzmad

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 18, 2011
kent,wa
www.jamiesseptic.com
Name
jamie
Boat
nwj 218 lightning
Nothing really on the list as of now, so probably not going. But not sure I am willing to skip the scones though.

Master Chief

Aug 18, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington
Name
Chad Lukehart
Boat
Alumacraft Navigator Sport 185, ETEC 150, Duckworth Offshore 26
Gonna go Friday with my cousin, making a day of it and hitting the boat show first thing when it opens then rolling to the Sportsmans show on the way back out.

Barracuda1

Master of None
Jul 7, 2011
All over this bitch!
Name
Fred
Boat
Defiance 220 EX (BARRACUDA II)
Seattle Friday Puyallup Saturday. We're making a weekend out of it. I'll most likely book for LaPaz but I got a second trip to look for. Maybe Costa Rica.... Unless a new boat is in the works that blows vacations away.

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
Buy 2 get 1 FREE Gamakatsu Hooks at the Sportco Booth!
bigriver.JPG

25' Hewescraft Alaskan was $124k with twin 200 Yamahas. I only brought home the hooks.. and some twitchin jigs

xtshawytscha

Well-Known "Member"
May 14, 2011
Forks, WA, USA
Name
Eric
Boat
Cabin Fever - C Hawk 245
Is the Portland show bigger, better and different enough to justify going to it as well? I've always heard it's bigger, but it's a long trip so just curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
Is the Portland show bigger, better and different enough to justify going to it as well? I've always heard it's bigger, but it's a long trip so just curious to hear everyone's thoughts.
Most of the same outfitters for hunting/fishing in Alaska/Canada/Mexico are all the same. But I think there is more in Portland in terms of Saltwater Tackle and boat gear. Englunds and Fishermans Marine have pretty legit sales there + no tax. So my vote is Portland is better if you are looking to buy some stuff.

xtshawytscha

Well-Known "Member"
May 14, 2011
Forks, WA, USA
Name
Eric
Boat
Cabin Fever - C Hawk 245
Most of the same outfitters for hunting/fishing in Alaska/Canada/Mexico are all the same. But I think there is more in Portland in terms of Saltwater Tackle and boat gear. Englunds and Fishermans Marine have pretty legit sales there + no tax. So my vote is Portland is better if you are looking to buy some stuff.
That's good to know. Thank you. Definitely looking more for gear and stuff to buy rather than trips and such.