atun53

Almost A Member
Nov 27, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Name
Chris Johnson
Boat
Skiff
I fished the New Image on a 3/4 to SBI . I remember that boat being a money pit from the start. When they first started running it the boat it ran on triple engines.

A friend of the family was an investor when she came to the fleet. Based on what he told us about it, it definitely was a pit. He always told my dad never to take me on it. I remember fishing the HB Flats one year and watching her roll while we were on the Freelance.

• Wow
Reactions: Mtnfshr
Upvote 0

richardblufin

Jun 23, 2009
POWAY CA
Name
Richard Jones
Boat
Bigger is Better Thats what she said
The La Jolla a lady GG what happened to her? The boat was excellent calico killer. Bobby Allen a high school mate owned the Bold Contender. His Mom married Bruce Barnes

Reactions: moorefish
Upvote 0

moorefish

Jan 1, 2004
SoCal
Name
MN
Boat
Any
that qualifier 85 sure looks like those famous Ditmars which have gone through many name changes with their sisters.

I may be wrong here but: Salty Dog 85 which turned into the Finalista 100 and was run by John Pratt burned & sank in Morro Bay 1982 before heading back to SD. (thanks for the info Tunafin)
Islander was the Old Red Rooster?
Big Game 90 was the ??? shit, i forgot, now named Chief
then there was the Polaris III --> Holiday --> Dolphin III(?)--> Tribute
Shogun/Topgun/relentless/Seeker *edited
Cherokee Geisha/Old Glory
Marauder/Endeavor
Diablo/Orion/Pride
Cat Special/Eclipse
Mustang/Sea Adventure II * Corrected
Blackjack/Ocean Odyssey
Deep Adventure III/Constitution
Phoenix/Jig Strike
Pacifica/Dominator
Sea Biscuit/Patrician(?)
Encore/Sea Adventure sister ship was a dive boat in long bch? Great Escape(?)

sheeeit, i gotta headache, but dammit i've been trying to keep up myself!!!

wanna start another thread later, i always wanted to keep up with the major hulls I.E. Ditmars & Drakes, Sea Ways, Westports/Modutechs/Nordlunds, etc.

DAMN I'M FEELIN' SOOOO OLD... does anyone else give a shit? Oh the memories..
Sea Biscuit (now at Cisco's and operated by Capt. Bobby Valney) was the Patrician. 3 engines operated by Mike Thompson via Dana Wharf. The 1.5 days to Tanner were the shit. Many 100+days on cows.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalurker
Upvote 0

dalurker

old skool rules
Dec 23, 2004
Cyber Sea
Name
#%^&) !!!
Boat
my blood vessel
The La Jolla a lady GG what happened to her? The boat was excellent calico killer. Bobby Allen a high school mate owned the Bold Contender. His Mom married Bruce Barnes
if its the same GG I remember, she used to run the Fortune when the Fortune was outta Mission Bay.
i was told she later started running tugs. she was a tuffy gal but awesome... maybe someone can verify this?

Reactions: surfaceiron
Upvote 0

Ratshirt

Mar 25, 2007
Oregon
Name
Ratshirt
Boat
none
Sea Biscuit (now at Cisco's and operated by Capt. Bobby Valney) was the Patrician. 3 engines operated by Mike Thompson via Dana Wharf. The 1.5 days to Tanner were the shit. Many 100+days on cows.

Used to work on that boat in the 90's when Bob Hodgdon still owned it.

Ratshirt

Mar 25, 2007
Oregon
Name
Ratshirt
Boat
none
Which boat had bunks in the back of the boat under the bait tanks? Went on it about 8 years ago but so much time has passed I forgot what the boat was called and probably a few name changes sure didn't help. The chief made the best grilled cheese sandwiches!
One comes to mind; the Vagabond has two staterooms under the bait tanks.

Reactions: gnehekul
Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    4908840952_a1e0def9b5.jpg
    4911202249_8279b21ebc.jpg
    4911805872_d52302c581.jpg
    4908263645_a50aa579a5.jpg
    4908247055_c2df02f00a.jpg
    I remember the old Del Mar in the above photos, I don't know if any people remember Branny who was the skipper of the Del Mar back in the 70's. That guy had some character and a big set of Go Nads, He didn't hold back anything that was on his mind. I remember one time we we were fishing halibut off the chart house in 10 FEET OF WATER and probably 20yds off the beach and the Life Guard boat thought we were in trouble and came to help us, because we were in that close to the beach, But we weren't in any trouble. The Life Guard told us we were to close to shore and could be a hazard for swimmers with us being that close. Branny looked at him and said "I don't see any Swimmers out in the water" and he went back in the wheel house and got on the P.A and told the fisherman to keep fishing. The Life guard boat took off and that was the last we seen of them!! We Killed the Halibut that day in the shallow's, All the fish were 10-30lbs. When passengers bounced Scampi's off the bottom, The Scampi's almost came flying out of the water!!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ratshirt
    Upvote 0

Ratshirt

Mar 25, 2007
    Oregon
    Name
    Ratshirt
    Boat
    none
    Can't find the list of ALL the sport boat name changes
    Quite a few are covered in this thread. Others are in separate threads on the site from when the boat was sold or renamed. Others you may have to ask on BD by posting a thread on the subject if you know the name of the boat currently. Also, the Internet has quite a few useful websites that can help.

Upvote 0