Dexter Outdoors

sdrepairman

Jul 2, 2012
san diego
Name
nick
Boat
n/a
ok so I posted this in fishing cit chat but did not get much of a response, so now I'm trying here. What do you think it would take to get something moving in that direction. I am thinking it should be something that is not IGFA related . It would be for sport boats out of California? I don't know everyone I'm just thinking out loud here. So any one know what it might take to get some thing going?

Upvote 0

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Islander
I tried it a couple of times, didn't really take off.

PS in hind sight, there were some circumstances that might have kept it from taking off, and now I just don't have the time or desire to take that huge project on.
Funny thing is, I just found the flyers Tree and I had made to promote the effort, now in some recycle bin somewhere :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CHUBACA6

Jul 29, 2007
LA
Name
Oscar
Boat
none yet
The Indy has something like that, not just tuna but Whitesea bass, Halibut etc, not sure if that's what your talking about.

Reactions: wahoodad
Upvote 0

CHUBACA6

Jul 29, 2007
LA
Name
Oscar
Boat
none yet
On the website hit the menu tab go to "Hall of Fame" and has a list of species with the anglers name, weight and where he's from. I'm in the WSB category... :rockin:

Upvote 0

J Woodman

I know nothing
Dec 8, 2006
Ventura
Name
Jeff
Boat
15' Gregor "Silver Bullet", Parker 2310 "Deep Color"
I think that it may be insurmountable to try to compete with or do battle with IGFA on this. They have been the keepers of the records for so long that it is unlikely that a sportboat only record will have any credence in the largely Yaughtical world.

Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    My feeling is that the vast majority of blue water fishermen that I have ever had the pleasure of sharing a rail with are not at all interested in getting any personal recognition for making a catch of a particular fish. We have our own personal goals and things that we would like to accomplish involving our fishing, such as a "bucket list" type of catch of a particular fish. But the whole IGFA-type record thing is not of any interest to me at all. I've seen too many fish play kamikaze over the years, as well as smaller fish fight way above their weight class, to pay any attention at all to a list showing that Joe Blow caught whatever he caught. Good for him, I'm not opposed to his pursuit of recognition, I just put it down along with the need some people feel to risk their lives climbing Everest. I don't understand that compulsion.

Upvote 0

backlashjack

Scallywag
    May 14, 2007
    Alta Loma, CA
    Name
    Jackson
    Boat
    Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
    IGFA rules are "whack".
    It's ok to back down on a fish with a 130 stuffed in a gunwale but don't use the rail...... redonkulous

Upvote 0