hooksetter6

Almost A Member
Aug 2, 2012
Colorado Springs, Co/USA
Name
Larry
Boat
No Name
Though I am not a Record kinda guy...... I can see how there actually should be a separate category in the IFGA record books for Sport boats, as there are many hurdles not faced by people fishing from smaller boats. Have you brought this up with the IGFA?
Let us know if you make any headway..

Upvote 0

sdrepairman

Jul 2, 2012
san diego
Name
nick
Boat
n/a
I have not talked to the IGFA. In my mind this should have little to do with the IGFA because it would not be the same rules they fallow. this will be strickley for the sport boats only.
Thoughts?

Upvote 0

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
Maybe I'm off but IGFA has always kind of tailored it's rules to the yacht folk over the years. Like the country club or people that can shoot trap at home lol. Kinda guessing it's going to remain that way. When people ask how big a yft can get it say the biggest one that I know of was the 445 on the excel....blue marlin? The 1805 caught back in Hawaii. I usually don't look up who got the golden ribbon. Just my look at it anyways

Upvote 0

sdrepairman

Jul 2, 2012
san diego
Name
nick
Boat
n/a
Maybe I'm off but IGFA has always kind of tailored it's rules to the yacht folk over the years. Like the country club or people that can shoot trap at home lol. Kinda guessing it's going to remain that way. When people ask how big a yft can get it say the biggest one that I know of was the 445 on the excel....blue marlin? The 1805 caught back in Hawaii. I usually don't look up who got the golden ribbon. Just my look at it anyways
And this is why it would be different rules. I would imagine it should be between any sport boat that goes out fishing from California, not commercial fishing. I would think all the captains that would want to participate are welcome. A new " country club"
Again I am basically just thinking out loud here so if you got some ideas about what it would take to get something like this going?

Upvote 0