klassen619

Blessed to be able to fish
Jul 18, 2006
Bakersfield
Name
Chris
Boat
Davis Bahia
Anything thing specific I need to do or can I just wind on tight. Any recommendations in San Diego to do it? Going on a 6 day on the RP in August but don't know if I'll have time to get it spooled on in town.

Reactions: chamackO
Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
You have to wind it on from the face of the spool so that it comes off the same way it's going to go on to the reel if that makes sense. Search YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

DH10

Aug 18, 2009
Pinedale WY USA
Name
Dave Harper
Boat
17 Crestliner
Make sure you get good tension on the line. I hold a towel, and wrap the line through my fingers (wearing gloves) to keep the line snug between my hand and the spool.
Like mentioned above, make sure the line comes off the line spool and goes on your reel the same way. You will notice if you are going off the wrong end, the line will start to twist. Just turn the line spool over and the line should go on without twisting....

Reactions: klassen619
Upvote 0

pmurphy

Jan 8, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
Name
Pat
Boat
Hobie kayak
If it does not go on evenly, like a cylinder, and it looks more like a cone shape, this can be rectified by adding or removing one of the spacer washers and re-spooling it.

Upvote 0

spooky007

Almost A Member
Nov 13, 2006
Bakersfield
Name
Al
Boat
None
Stop by richards tackle in Rosemead off the 10... Not to far out of your way when heading south... I always use them when I get a new reel to spool braid on and change out top shots before heading out... Peter does a great job and puts the line on properly and tight...

Al

Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 27, 2009
Temecula CA USA!
www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
Name
Johnny Garrison
Boat
Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
This is what I do. Take a old reel with pretty good drags and fill it with Spectra. Put the reel in a vice and reel the line on your spinning reel with the drag set on the old reel tight enough to put the line on the reel at the proper tension.

Upvote 0