Splicing hollow core braid - lesson learned !

Shimano Penn

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 3, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
David
Boat
Fond Memory
I wanted to get a jump start on my 1.5 coming up next Friday so I sat down earlier this afternoon to do some set up work. Changing topshots on the bait rigs mostly and splicing mono to solid braid with short sections of HC, done it many times. Also adding a new loop connection to my heavy FF rig. This is something I usually do mid week after work but today I started early. Nothing was going right, I was struggling with the needles and my serves looked like crap. I was getting tense. On a test pull my 40 broke at 24 lbs !!!! WTF ???? Frustrated I took a break, that's when it hit me 8-) I've never actually done this stone cold sober before :rolleyes:
Had a couple beers and it all fell into place :D
So lesson learned: don't try to do something tedious and complicated unless you are suitably "relaxed" :food-smiley-014:

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
There is actually a well known psychological phenomenon called "state dependent learning", the best example of which is that, the next day after sobering up, drunks may not remember where they put their bottle before passing out, but when they get drunk again, they remember. Similarly, studying late while heavily caffeinated and sleep deprived, makes recall at test time difficult. (I did pretty well academically, and never studied while exhausted, and never took an exam without being well rested. Worked for my daughters, too.)

Reactions: skrilla
Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    Your post starts with hollow braid in the title, then turns to solid braid with splicing needles. Homer says… “D’oh…”

Upvote 0