Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
Lol no but I did the 99 season and my brother worked a couple seasons after I did. Just know your two captains. Either Mike Keating or Brian Evans. Both as good as they come with decades experience in both. There not flashy andnot advertised but fill all their spots every year. Loyalty means they are doing something right. And not having to spend on advertising equals better prices. I'm on the first Sept 6 day with my brother and uncle. Can't wait. Being passenger is more fun than being crew :)

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Boat
Knock em dead. And little secret. If you get on a long drift try fishing the bow. She drifts stern first so chum works its way to the front better than many I've fished. Usually no crowd and easy to get picked up with a fresh bait

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
You can't go wrong with the Mike and his boat.

makomiko

makomiko
Jun 25, 2006
San Clemente
Name
Mike
Boat
Hobie Pro Angler 12
Just got back Friday from a 5 day trip on the Spirit, Brian ran the boat. Good score on the bluefin on the ride down to Cedros, not too many footballs, fish up to 50 lbs.. Good grade of yellowtail down there, up to 30 lbs. plus. Drooper loop worked great, but the current was pretty strong, 14 to 16 oz. weight was needed. Benitos was pretty slow, more bluefin on the ride home. 40 lb. was a good choice, fluoro didn't seem to make a difference, not too many on the jigs. No fish on the troll. The Mexican Fisheries Dept. had been at the landing previous, checking the catch the boats were bringing in. Weren't there when we came in, but Brian had to keep a new daily log on our catch. I will be driving down Wednesday am to get my 150 lbs. of filets from 5 Star. You have picked a great boat to fish. I have a 7 dayer next month, and an 11 day trip on her late October, where last year we got over 200 wahoo. The crew is great, and Dan, "Bubba", and Dean will feed you well. Have a great trip, give a report when you get back. Fishing from the bow is a great idea, your own bait tank up there, and away from the crowd at the stern, but with limited load trips, you shouldn't have any problems, remember, wind in your face, your in the right place. makomiko

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Boat
When you were dropper looping in current were you on the five fathom spot or deep water? Sounds like I better bring some heavy lead
Just got back Friday from a 5 day trip on the Spirit, Brian ran the boat. Good score on the bluefin on the ride down to Cedros, not too many footballs, fish up to 50 lbs.. Good grade of yellowtail down there, up to 30 lbs. plus. Drooper loop worked great, but the current was pretty strong, 14 to 16 oz. weight was needed. Benitos was pretty slow, more bluefin on the ride home. 40 lb. was a good choice, fluoro didn't seem to make a difference, not too many on the jigs. No fish on the troll. The Mexican Fisheries Dept. had been at the landing previous, checking the catch the boats were bringing in. Weren't there when we came in, but Brian had to keep a new daily log on our catch. I will be driving down Wednesday am to get my 150 lbs. of filets from 5 Star. You have picked a great boat to fish. I have a 7 dayer next month, and an 11 day trip on her late October, where last year we got over 200 wahoo. The crew is great, and Dan, "Bubba", and Dean will feed you well. Have a great trip, give a report when you get back. Fishing from the bow is a great idea, your own bait tank up there, and away from the crowd at the stern, but with limited load trips, you shouldn't have any problems, remember, wind in your face, your in the right place. makomiko

makomiko

makomiko
Jun 25, 2006
San Clemente
Name
Mike
Boat
Hobie Pro Angler 12
Most of the spots were deeper than 5 fathoms. Another thing, I tied on a 3 oz. sliding sinker, and got bit pretty good when the bluefin were just a little deeper. makomiko