spirit of adventure 7day/7-22

spinner

Dec 2, 2007
irvine
Name
mikegooing
Boat
none
very nice boat/great boat, great crew and captain, very friendly and willing to help and engage. not burned out.great group o fingers,limited load 17. turned the corner for the rocks and the ridge on a full moon.we di a lot of driving . it was a great opportunity to get away and play with my toys.
my next big trip, I will ask the crew what I need for wahoo on the boat and let them make my leaders' will ask the crew what jigs to use and get them form the crew or landing before I leaves will ask threw what to use trolling and use what they haven my gear.i will talk to the owners of fish landing tackle 48 hours before the trip for a heads up that is pinpoint and accurate.i will bring more sardine gear designed to get a bait away from the boat.i will fish shorter top shots. I will focus more attention on wahoo bait fishing.first time I have ever seen them only bite the bait and no jigs to speak of, a few the second day ,but not like the bait and I will put it into full after the first run to avoid the sharks and I will not use bronze wire hooks for my leaders. and I always tip the woman who signs us in and takes the reservations and gives me my room of choice too

Upvote 0

astubbs

Dec 25, 2012
Berkeley/Indonesia
Name
Alexander
Boat
Random indonesian boats
very nice boat/great boat, great crew and captain, very friendly and willing to help and engage. not burned out.great group o fingers,limited load 17. turned the corner for the rocks and the ridge on a full moon.we di a lot of driving . it was a great opportunity to get away and play with my toys.
my next big trip, I will ask the crew what I need for wahoo on the boat and let them make my leaders' will ask the crew what jigs to use and get them form the crew or landing before I leaves will ask threw what to use trolling and use what they haven my gear.i will talk to the owners of fish landing tackle 48 hours before the trip for a heads up that is pinpoint and accurate.i will bring more sardine gear designed to get a bait away from the boat.i will fish shorter top shots. I will focus more attention on wahoo bait fishing.first time I have ever seen them only bite the bait and no jigs to speak of, a few the second day ,but not like the bait and I will put it into full after the first run to avoid the sharks and I will not use bronze wire hooks for my leaders. and I always tip the woman who signs us in and takes the reservations and gives me my room of choice too
Did you guys get many tuna at the rocks?

Upvote 0

Shon

Fish til I can't fish no more
  • Jan 21, 2014
    Redondo Beach/ Mammoth
    Name
    Shon
    Boat
    Pac Voyager/Vagabond
    Wahoo fishing is a crazy addiction. Don’t be afraid to ask questions on this board as there are many, many great long range fisherman on this board.
    Oh and as far as wahoo go, there gonna drive you a little crazy at times. Just remember, keep your rod pointed at them at all times and never stop winding.
    Welcome to the addiction!

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Best fishermen in the world
    Dec 11, 2003
    Costa Rica
    Name
    Brad Baron
    Boat
    Royal Polaris
    The cheap bronze mustads work fine. For a live bait wahoo hook.

There is better. Especially when the fishing is tough

For me. I don't get allot of opportunitys. I would like to convert bites into fish hooked.

The royal polaris wired bait leaders. At the time, seemed perfect to me, from the boats experience. Hook was a small and very sharp (designer hook). Easily penetrates a wahoo jaw and holds. Once the barb is in the wahoo it's hard to come back out. Not a owner. Thinking gamakatsu or hayabusa or other designer

Upvote 0