Spirit of Adventure 5 day to 9/12

Dexter Outdoors
Dec 5, 2011
Santa Monica, Ca.
Name
Tony O'Connell
Boat
Hardcore
Just returned from a hurricane adjusted trip fishing the Cortez for bluefin to 40#, the Tanner for smaller grade, and the gap between Clemente and Catalina for school grade yellowfin. Most of the longrange fleet and the overnight boats are in this area. Finesse tactics with fluoro, smaller hooks, and good baits were needed to have consistent fishing. Most anglers seemed to have about 15 fish in their piles. Mike and his crew of JP, Scotty, Evan, Dean, Danny, and Cory were great as always. We had a good group of guys on board, but some people have canceled trips due to hurricane fears so you might contact the boat at 619 226-1729 for upcoming openings. I would like to give a special thanks to Sarah and her crew at 5 Star who got us on the road quickly despite being very busy.
If you have not fished longrange before it would be a good season to go because you have almost no travel time and the fish are catchable with the tackle you already have. Good luck, T.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
What a season! Glad you had a good time.

Upvote 0

makomiko

makomiko
Jun 25, 2006
San Clemente
Name
Mike
Boat
Hobie Pro Angler 12
Thanks for the report, leaving Friday on a 7 day on the Spirit. I will also be using 5 Star. Any "hot" lure work best for trolling, cedar plug? makomiko

Upvote 0