Spend the $$$

Discussion in 'World Of PENN' started by Dozer217, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Dozer217

Dozer217 Newbie

Spend the money on a torque 25N or get a 40fathom 2speed and a less 400? Have $600 to spend

2. HoxFish

HoxFish Fam crest-My Lure is True

Name:
    Aaron
    Boat:
    Moo
    Sure, spend the $$$. But, I'm all about the best bang for my $$$ ...

$200 for 40NLD2 (proven Lupe reel BTW), $75 for some 80# maxcuatro (65# diameter), a brand new matching rod for $150, an overnight ticket on the Chief out of 22nd Street for $150 (since you're in LB), lock in a gunny sack for $5, and last but not least, enter JP for $20.

Or...save $25 for a breakfast burrito, and a burger and fries for lunch on the water and get the 25NLD2. :)

3. Postal719

Postal719 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Ryan
    Boat:
    23' Polar Walkaround
    Interesting. Why a 25n torque or 40n fathom? I was told by a reliable source that it is pretty tough to tell the difference between the two, even though there is a bit of a difference in bearings and machining. They also have the same drag specs. The torques feel nicer and are US made, but the fathoms are really nice. It's more of a US made and fit and finish thing. IMO.

I have a bunch of Fathoms and one star drag torque. They kill fish. My 25n fathom caught 2 bluefin Sat and has probably caught more fish than any other reel I have. I fought a large BFT for 1.5 hours on it last year, granted I chased it down a few times. It was not enough reel, but the drags were smooth as new after the fight. I probably could have landed it, but I put the reel in sunset and pulled for my life for 4 pumps and broke off. I had to head in and the 30lb test wasn't raising the fish anytime soon.

Anyhow, my rambling point is this: if you need a 25n buy a 25n, and if you need a 40n.....well, you get it.

FYI they are all bitchin.

4. Let em eat 74

Let em eat 74 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    Whichever1is leaving
    DBB4FBBD-A338-4293-A02D-96C9D3B04197.png Agreed. Spend the money on 3 fathoms

Olddog8 and esgeo like this.
  5. Degowop

Degowop Newbie

Name:
    Na
    Boat:
    Na
    Fathom is awesome. It' what the landings were using as rental gear for the bluefin. Will definitely get the job done at an awesome price.