yessokk

Luck favors the well prepared.
Sep 18, 2006
Costa Mesa, Cailf
Name
Walt
Boat
11 ft Sears W/Duel 5.2hp
Straight spectra to spectra knots are not very reliable. Have found that taking a 2ft pc. of mono and tying
the spectra to both ends of the mono with a Bob Sands Knot is much stronger then a straight spectra to spectra join.

Something to consider.
Walt

Reactions: rile-b-fishn
Upvote 0

ctran

Mar 9, 2009
Anaheim,ca usa
Name
chau
Boat
None
OP most likely spooled his reel halfway with spectra then ran a topshot. Now he wants more line capacity so rather than wasting all the spectra, he wants to just add on to the one thats on there and run spectra to the stop and use a short topshot to fish.

I agree with ducati, have a shop splice the spectra using a short hollow. Itll be smooth knotless and 100%. perhaps use a color hollow splice line so that if you reach that splice, youll know how much line the fish has already taken.

Upvote 0

fishhunt

Sep 9, 2012
santa ana
Name
paul bukewihge
Boat
23' sunrunner big un's
if your trying to get the volume of line up in your reel get an empty reel reel up your spectra on it and wind on some heavy mono to the reel you want full of spectra then wind your spectra back on then use short top shot say if your top shot was 200yds use 200yds backing to get your reel back to full line volume

Upvote 0

angelinasdad

Captain
May 23, 2006
HB
Name
Anthony
Boat
Parker 2320
I think that is the royal Polaris knot..form a loop with the mono....put the spectra through the loop, wrap the spectra 5 turns up the looped mono then 5 turns down and back through the same way it entered then pull slowly until tight...then trim accordingly. I have been using it for 2 years with great success. It is tight, small, smooth, strong and easy to tie. Good luck.

Upvote 0