Special White Seabass Gitzem with a 8/0 Hook

Jackpot Curly

The next cast will be the one.
Jul 25, 2014
Name
Steve Kirchner
Boat
Rocinante
Does anyone know where I can find Gitzem Jig Heads in the WSB model with the 8/0 hooks? Specifically, I'm looking for 1/2 oz to 1.5 oz in white glow color. Also, I would love to hear feedback from anyone who has fished squid for WSB using these jig heads. Thanks.

marlyn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Longfin is where i used to get them but ebay has them too.I have a bunch,alot of people swear by the green ones.Any glow or even non glow jig head will work just as well though just keep your bait moving.

lkatdpelicanfly

Lizard Fish Slayer
Jun 23, 2009
sou cal
Name
Frank
Boat
Kayak
Ive used them with slugs for calicos and cuda..never used them for seabass. They make a slug drop in a corkscrew spiral pattern..

Jackpot Curly

Jul 25, 2014
Name
Steve Kirchner
Boat
Rocinante
Thanks for the feedback so far, I think the Getzem WSB special is fairly new. The standard 3/4 oz comes with a 3/0 or 4/0 hook whereas the 3/4 oz WSB Special comes with an 8/0 hook. I've heard that it's a great jig head for fishing squid, even better than the classic banana shaped jig heads. I have looked everywhere online with no luck so any information on where to find them would be greatly appreciated. I tried the Longfin and the lady who answered the phone said they don't have them, but I'm not so sure she knew what I was talking about, going to try talking to Frank or Eric tomorrow. Ebay only has the 2 oz. version. Below is what they look like.

Getzum WSB Jig Head.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: pacificscout

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Newporttackle.com

Jackpot Curly

Jul 25, 2014
Name
Steve Kirchner
Boat
Rocinante
Newporttackle.com
Looking at the web it looks like Newport Tackle is closed, don't know if it's the Covid thing or permanently, I'll give Performance Tackle a shot if the Longfin doesn't have them. Thanks!

Jackpot Curly

Jul 25, 2014
Name
Steve Kirchner
Boat
Rocinante
Performance Tackle in Los Alamitos
Thank you for the tip on Performance Tackle, I went in and they had them. Really nice owner, very helpful, will go back agian.

Rick U

Oct 22, 2004
LA
Name
Rick
Boat
Montauk
Mark is great. He is full of knowledge and happy to share.

Jackpot Curly

Jul 25, 2014
Name
Steve Kirchner
Boat
Rocinante
Yes, they just got a shipment in and they had all colors and all sizes. I bought several of the glow color.